Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Sign-On Questions within UAC / Private Workspace Access for Faculty

HDM
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Faculty:

This thread is being created as a central place to post questions related to Single Sign-On (SSO) or accessing the private workspace set-up for faculty within the Collaboration Workspace.

Users are experiencing SSO errors when trying to navigate from the UAC pages within SCN to our private workspace. When clicking on any of the links built into our pages, the user receives an "unauthorized" message. The workaround is to click on the "login" button or the SAP logo in the upper left portion of the new window. You can then log into CW.

If you cannot access the UAC private workspace and you have already created your user ID in CW, please reply with your CW user ID and the university you are with. We will work to get your access issues addressed.

(Paraphrased from Bob's post earlier in the week) ...

When you are opening your browser for a new session, you will find that you have to logon to the University Alliances community (UAC) AND then when you enter the members-only Collaboration Workspace (CW), you will also need to logon. As long as you leave your browser open, SSO does appear to allow you to move between the UAC pages and the CW pages seamlessly. Once you close out and go back in later, however, you will have to perform both logons. This is not what we expected for SSO, so our technical team is looking into it. Sorry for the extra steps, but we are also happy that we at least have a fairly simple workaround.

We're here to help!

Best Regards,

Heather

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having trouble logging onto the UAC Workspace.

CW user ID = tbetts1

University - Murray State University

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Teresa,

The user ID: tbetts1 is not coming up in our CW system. Is that the correct user ID? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a bit confused by the log in process.  tbetts1 is my ID for the UAC.  I'm not sure if this makes it the same ID for the collaboration work space.  If it is not, how do I set up my ID for the collaboration workspace?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Teresa,

Please go to the following "getting started" link and create a post on the wall. This should make necessary info available to us to give you members-only access.

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/community/gettingstarted

Best Regards,

Tyler

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to access BW teaching materials for faculty?

RichBlumberg
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thank you for this posting!

UA program faculty members can access the UA Library Reserve Desk directly via this URL and their login: https://cw.sdn.sap.com/community/uac

Best regards...Richard