Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send mail to external email adress from ERP

former_member633852
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have configure SMTP node from scot(Internet adress type : *) and we can send mails succesfully to our local domain mail accounts, but we can not send mail to other domains mail accounts example "@gmail", i know if we use exhange server or lotus we should give relay authentication to our SAP servers, but we are taking a hosting service for outlook,

Hosting service firm said we need to connect with SMTP Authentication from Sap side,

is it possible ? or just they need to give relay autherization for our servers,

i found just this note about smtp auth.;

Note 1101012 - SMTPAUTH parameter to "0" does not allow system to utilize a

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member633852
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thx for information,

Are there any configuration setting at SAP side for SMTP authentication, i think it is something like from user / password from SMTP side,

Regards

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's what the "Relay" agent is for... so it trust the source.

Regards

Juan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually, I just read the note you attached and you should be able to use parameters SMTPAUTH set to 1 and SMTPUSER for the user and SMTPPASSWORD for the password in order to authenticate... I have never tried this but i presume i will be worthy to check.

Regards

Juan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as you can ping the SMTP server and the port (25 usually) is open in your router/firewall you shouln't have any issues even if the Exchnage Server is sitting somewhere else?... as far as the Relay Agent is configured you should be able to send mails externally.

Regards

Juan