Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO connection failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am getting the below error in integration engine

"communication failure during JCO call".

Pls help me how to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Suresh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

this is very generic error, more details must be known to solve the issue, if you are having this problem with your RFC communication channel, goto communicatin channel monitoring in RWB and there you would have complete details of why this error is occuring, do post back with those details to have clear understanding of the problem.

Moreover try creating an ABAP connection to R/3 system to which connection is being made and check if you are able to access the system altogether or not, for this follow the following step:

login to your PI server from SAP GUI with user PISUPER

got t-code SM59

Create destination with type: 3

provide ip address of your R/3 system in target host and instance number in respective field

save and execute "Connection test"

this will let you know if you are altogether able to access the R/3 system for PI server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you have specified some max. pool connections in JCO connections. And now it exceeds that limit.

BR,

Sainath Chutke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to recreate the JCO RFC connection.

Regards,

Boopathi

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is very generic error which could have been caused due to various reasons. Couldn't you see any other detail about the error? You may increase the number of processes running at VisualAdmin ->JCO RFC Provider ->AI_RUNTIME_<SID>.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Thanks for your response. The error is seen in request message mapping step.Message always go first an automatic restart.

Error-->

communication failure during JCO call- Error when opening the RFC connection.

Regards,

Suresh.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to my earlier reply, you may delete and try recreating the RFC destination involved. This could be due to filled RFC caches. Also try restarting XI server.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to check the following things

Check the RFC destination AI_RUNTIME_JCOSERVER

Check the receiving end of the RFC connection in the J2EE Engine (AI_RUNTIME_XR3)

Check the application sap.com/com.sap.xi.services in the J2EE Engine

Regards,

Boopathi