cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile-always connected application for PDA/Smart Phones, etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have developed a simple webdynpro application using adaptive rfc model and have deployed it onto the Netweaver Java Application server.

I understand that this application can be accessed on Blackberry browser with the help of Blackberry Enterprise Server(BES) which is inside the corporate firewall.

Now, I want to access the same application on a PDA/ smart phone/ Pocket PC(any mobile device apart from Blackberry mentioned in the PAM for Mobile-Always Connected application) using GPRS. Assuming that i've used only the UI elements which can be rendered by these devices, what settings do I have to maintain to access this application on these devices using GPRS?

Thanks and Regards,

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil,

Assuming that you use the UI elements supported by these devices, all you need to do is point it (the device's default browser) to the URL of your server/app ( if you want to access by GPRS, you need to make sure that your network experts host the whole app / your server over the internet).

Please mark the question as answered if my post solved your question.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

I didnt understand this part of your reply "you need to make sure that your network experts host the whole app / your server over the internet".

can you please elaborate on that?

Can an application deployed on a server which is not hosted to the internet be accessed using blackberry?

thanks

sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil,

Check the application by putting the application URL (take it from the blackberry), open a web proxy site through your LAN internet proxy and try to open it in that proxy site. If it works, then your application/server is definitely hosted on the internet. If its not opening, then you need to check with your network experts whether they have put a blackberry specific configuration.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

Can you let me know how to host the application/server to the internet?

Thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil,

That is something I dont know exactly. There are different terminologies used by the Networks and Support people - placing server in DMZ (Demilitarized zone), have a website name and IP mapped. Open specific ports etc.

Please get in touch with your NetWorks /Supports people, or Web hosting company. Sorry, I am not able to help you much in this direction.

Regards,

Veera