cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing Web Dynpro for CATS Approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I would like to implement some additional logics when the CATS is approved by managers in MSS.

After tracing the codes, I located an ABAP class "CL_MSS_CAT_APPR_TR_BUFFER" that performs the approval actions in R/3.

Currently, I am considering to copy and edit a ZCL_MSS_CAT_APPR_TR_BUFFER to add additional logics to the "IF_MSS_CAT_APPR_TR_PROCESSOR~SAVE". But, here are my questions:

1/ Since there is no object delegation in BO, how can I "delegate" the objects from CL_MSS_CAT_APPR_TR_BUFFER to the z-class ?

2/ If no delegation possible, is it possible to change the action mapping s.t. ESS calls to the Z-Class instead of the standard class?

3/ If it cannot be done with action mapping, does it mean that customized Dynpro developments required ?

Sorry that I don't know much about ESS and Dynpro.

Please offer detailed steps when possible.

Many Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I don't believe that your question has been asked in the correct forum. This forum is for questions directly related to Web Dynpro ABAP development only.

However a quick suggestion (although unrelated to WDA). Instead of copying the class, consider using the enhancement framework instead. You can use a pre, post or override method to extend the logic of the SAVE method.