cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transportation

Former Member
0 Kudos

My question is I have one plant manufacturing cement & dealers in different places, when I send the cement to particular dealer system should automatically tell me which route is best (Road, Rail, Air, etc) & also it should show the KM from sending place to destination. How can I do this is SD.

Thanks,

Vijay Kulkarni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

Your requirement can be achieved through route determintaion.

Pre-requisites for route determinationare :

Departure zone of the Shipping Point

Transportation zone of the Ship-to-party

Shipping Conditions

Transportation Groups

Define routes

Follow the menu path: IMG->Sales and distribution->Basic shipping functions->Routes

After defining routes, you have to maintain transportation relevance for the routes and your delivery types.

Transportation relevance will be maintained in logistics execution.

In Logistics execution maintain the shipping conditions, loading group and also do the shipping point determination for your plants. These shipping points will be taken as default shipping points for the plants.

Maintain your transporters as vendors with a/c group forwarding agents and use those as service agents when you maintain conditions records for your freight calculations.

This is a brief about the shipment and transportation functionality.

For further clarifications refer this forum, there are many threads on this subject.

Thanks

Swami

Edited by: Shivanand Swami on Feb 13, 2009 10:42 AM

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Welcome to SDN

Transportation and shipment module has to be implemented and Route determination can be done in sales order based on

1. departure zone of the shipping pt

2. Shipping conditions from SP

3. Transportation group of the materials

4. Transportation zone of ship to party

What you said rail ,road and air they are called means of transport

Lot of threads are available and lot of documents are available on transportation in the WIKI section of SDN

please make use of search forum

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thansk for reply, should we implement Transportation & Shipment moduel saperately or we can do it SD only.

Can u help me by giving configuration manual for Transportation & Shipment module.

Thanks in advance.

Vijay Kulkarni.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay

There is no need of adding separate module and it is part pf SD itself and you can see the entire settings done in logistics execution for transportation and shipment in spro

It is a part of SD only (as many clients doesnt use this functionality we ourselves strated calling it is as a separate module which is wrong)

There are a lot of config doc available in the WIKI section

Today i am not at office if you could wait till monday i can send some good links

But sufficient inputs are available in the SDN itself

pls search and start working on that

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks for reply, I will in wiki & try to get the solution, but in the meanwhile on manday pls send me the documents which you have.

Thanks in advance,

Vijay Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Can you send me the Config Manual for the above said problem & settings, or any link.

Thanks in advance.

Vijay Kulkarni.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Is it possible that system should automatically tell me which route is best (Road, Rail, Air, etc) & also it should show the KM from sending place to destination. How can I do this is SD.

I have conf the route determination.

Regards,

Vijay