cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Serial numbers in Delivery documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Often in delivery document I assign serial numbers and after I post good issue.

Sometime the system assigns the same serial numbers in two different documents.

How can I do to control this issue?

Thanks.

Regards.

Angela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the cause of this issue can be that in customizing in transaction code OIS2 in my serial number profile I set verification of the stock with value 1?

Thanks.

BR.

Angela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You may try changing this value, and try to assign the same serial number to different deliveries... let us know how the system reacts..

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Once the serial number is assigned it to delivery the status of serial number changes back to EDEL from AVLB. You may not be able to assign the same serial number to another delivery if the serial number status is EDEL. But once you do the PGI it changes again to ECUS. You can try to put a validation accrding to the serial numbe status to prevent the same serial number to be used again in the delivery. Check with your ABAP expert, he can help you for sure... meantime check for some user exits also.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angela Valvo,

I don't know why you are changing it oftenly, Instead in your delivery document type you can maintain

Internal and external number ranges. In case of internal system picks the OBD no automatically and in case if you want to maintain it manually use the number which belong to external number range.

Thanks,

Swamy H P