cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File-XI-IDoc Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there -

There's already an existing IDoc-XI-File scenario. I need to start developing File-XI-IDoc scenario between the same systems. Please help me with following questions:

1. There's nothing I need to do in SLD, right? as I can reuse existing Products, SCs, TSs, and BSs for both R/3 and external system.

2. In IR, I can reuse external system's SC to create new namespace to develop all the design time components and also to import the IDoc's xsd, right?

3. In ID, I can reuse external system's BS to create CC, right? What info is required to create CC? File Sender CC need to be created, right? Sender Agreement, Sender Determination, and Interface Determination needs to be created, right?

4. R/3 side, is there any setup required to send an IDoc of new strcture?

Please let me know are there any other things I need to be considered.

Regards,

Pat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go thru one of the several weblogs available on file-idoc scenario, and then figure out if u could re-use some of the components(sure u can like idoc,r/3,file systems,message types etc).

once u make it work, then it help u understand the diff.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pat,

Your are absolutely right.You create it as if your creating a new file to idoc scenario but you can use the same idoc channel at the end.That z it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The answers for your questions are:

<i>1. There's nothing I need to do in SLD, right? as I can reuse existing Products, SCs, TSs, and BSs for both R/3 and external system.</i>

ans: No you need not do anything.

<i>2. In IR, I can reuse external system's SC to create new namespace to develop all the design time components and also to import the IDoc's xsd, right?</i>

ans: ya in the existing scenario, Just create a new name space and carry on as you did for the first Scenario.

<i>3. In ID, I can reuse external system's BS to create CC, right? What info is required to create CC? File Sender CC need to be created, right? Sender Agreement, Sender Determination, and Interface Determination needs to be created, right?

4. R/3 side, is there any setup required to send an IDoc of new strcture?</i>

the answer for the above two questions will be answered with the info provided below.

if you have any other doubts regarding IDOC-XI-FILE scenario, please go through the information below and clear all your doubts.

While doing an IDOC -> XI -> File or FILE -> XI -> IDOC scenario, The Points to noted are:

1. You don’t need a DT, MT or a message interface for the IDOC as it itself acts as the Message Interface.

2. You import the IDOC and use the same in your mapping.

3. In this configuration note that you don’t have a sender agreement as you don’t have a sender IDOC adapter.

If it is that you wanted to send an IDOC from XI (File to IDOC) , then in this case:

points 1 and 2 will remain, but the 3 will not. You will need a sender agreement for the file and a receiver agreement for the IDOC.

IDOC -> File scenario ref:

<a href="/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters scenario</a>

File -> IDOC ref:

<a href="/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/12/22/file-to-multiple-idocs-xslt-mapping to IDOC</a>

Regards,

Abhy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pat,

This blog will solve all your problems and answer your queries,

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/12/22/file-to-multiple-idocs-xslt-mapping

Regards,

bhavesh