cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPwebconsole functions keys... urgent!!! .. thanks for tips

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am implementing a project using a RF terminal and facing a problem before I can test my program on the RF terminal. My function keys are not working with the IE browser. Anyone face this problem before? The version of SAP i am using now is version 4.7.... This is urgent.. Thanks for any type of assisting.

Best regards,

Mervyn Tay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI together,

there are some other possibilities then Naurtech, to solve all the problems you spoke about.

please reffer to our Homepage and Information, Infoflyer´s are available for download.

http://www.logiplus.de//index.php?id=91&lang=en

we offer an Plug In for WEBSAPCONSOLE, and we offer an graphical Designstudio for WEBSAPCONSOLE Warehouse RF TRANSACTION´S as well as a

Special Mobile ITS Edition of the Designstudio. Easy creating own layouts for Mobile Devices.

All Operatingsystems supported from PPC2003 to Mobile5 and .net 4.2 /5.0,

No Device specific browser, runs on all like Intermec, Teklogix , Symbol, Datalogic and all other devices.

regards Thilo

www.logistics-execution-system.com

www.logiplus.de

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed and used that browser, and it does not solve the function key issue. We went as far as to use custom scripting to bypass the keyboard mapping, and it still wouldn't work.

Naurtech's browser solved the problem instantly. Sadly, this is another case of SAP promising functionality in it's sales literature, only later to be told that it's 'customizing'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Symbol Pocket Browser needs to be used in conjunction with an XSL style sheet and SAP console set to use the XMLdisplayer.dll.

Symbol has created a example style sheet for use which allows the functions keys and barcode scanner operate correctly. (This should work as supplied in most cases however specific changes for specific installations should be undertaken by the soluiton provider).

I will find out where this is posted and let this forum know details, if there are any urgent requirements then reply here and I will work alternative solutions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we were trying to operate using that stylesheet, we found that the newer versions of SAPGUI and IE did not have the needed .dlls. They were very close, but for example, they needed xxxxx.dll, and in the SAPGUI was xxxxd.dll.

It was rather odd.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you heard of Symbol Pocket Browser? Maybe it will solve your problem (a bit late maybe). You do not need the data wedge if you use Symbol Pocket Browser.

Go to http://support.symbol.com/support/product/softwaredownloads.do and search for Symbol Pocket Browser. You can download a demo copy for test.

Regards,

Eva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same here... no function keys. Everyone keeps saying apply the naurtech middleware. This seems pretty extreme, and expensive way to make function keys work with SAPWebConsole.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After struggling with SAP, and the Vendor, it's clear now that the Naurtech Middleware is the only way to accomplish this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is Chris Johnson and I work in the support group at Naurtech.

I am not a regular on this forum and but happen to see reference to our CETerm product for remapping function keys on RF terminals so that you can navigate through your transactions on WebSAPConsole.

I wanted to clarify that our product is not a middleware. It is a special web Browser that runs on Windows CE terminals. It extends the capabilities of Pocket IE to allow for features required in barcode & RFID data collection solutions. Remapping function keys is one such capability.

The following knowledgebase article on our website lists steps that you can follow to remap your terminal function keys so that these work with WebSAPConsole

http://www.naurtech.com/kb/kb1141.htm

There are several additional benefits of using our Web Browser product. You can visit our website and review the CETerm Web Browser Programmer's reference guide available under our support page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you ever get an answer on how to get the Function Keys working with WebSapConsole when running under IIS? We have Symbol RF devices.

Could you email me any information to annette.tomlinson@benelong.com

This would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Annette.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also having issues with the function keys not working on the IE browser of WEebSAPConsole. Another major issue we have is that the focus (laser) beam from the Symbol(9600 G) gun is not coming out when we are in SAP screen input field for taking barcode in. We are trying it new to do in our Warehouse. Any idea?

Thanks,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now weare getting the laser beam (after installing datawedge, as suggested by Symbol) but the input is not coming into the fields after scanning.

Thanks,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasad,

Try scanning any barcode in an input field other than your SAP i/p field.For instance try to open a url in your HH device and scan the barcode in the address bar and see if it works.If it doesnot work then you have to program the scanner, you can verify at http://devzone.symbol.com. If it works then you have to check your SAP i/p field properties.Most likely it would be a scanner issue becuse of the barcode symbology.Also make sure your datawedge is running.You should be able to see it running in your task bar.

Sometimes it depending upon the barcode symbology of the barcode you are scanning you might have to program the scanner.

-Gisk

Message was edited by:

Sivakumar Ganesan(Gisk)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sivakumar,

I resolved the issue on scanning. It is more firmware related. After upgrading the firmware as suggested by Symbols technical support, it looks like it is resolved.

Regards,

Prasad Vepa

0 Kudos

Hello.

Have you resolved the problem with the functions keys ???

I have the same problems.

Thanks for a tip.

Best regards

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of the way to make the F-Keys working on the device is to have Naurtech CETerm loaded on the MC9090G device.You could tey with the trail version in one device and if you are comfartbale you contact naurtech to purchase the real version.

Pl visist www.naurtech.com OR contact their techsupport for addditional information.This is one solution i am aware of.Also refer to Naurtech- Support Knowledgebase 1124.

Alternatively if you have any device specific questions you could visit

http://devzone.symbol.com

to get Symbol Technical Support.

Thank You

Gisk

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mervyn tay,

can u explain it in detail...?

Sorry tay, do not have much idea of this.

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Message was edited by: Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor Gopinathan ,

Thanks for your assist. Basically, first problem i encountered is ...

1) I try to use the function keys on the IE browser which connect to the SAP server RF logon page. The functions keys (F1, F2, F3 ....) all not working as waht is supposed to be, instead they behave as how IE doing.. F1...== help page. Thou, I still can use touch screen to go to the function as what i want.. (my user is complaining about this.. as he expects to use function key)...

Thus, I want to know if there is any thing that i can do to map the function keys between my SAP function keys and the IE browser. Thanks.

2) When i open up RF logon screen... the user and password column is not empty.. there is a ? and xxx in the columns.. I found a message in sdn regarding to this.. as they advice to use patch level 9 to solve this problem... I would like to know more about this.. I hope you can help as well.

Thanks again for your guide in advance...

Hope you can understand my problem.

Best regards,

Mervyn Tay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mervyn!

(1) Function Keys doesnot work the same way as SAP Console with WebSAP Console, as your RF Txns runs on IE or supported browsers with WebSAPConsole.Based on the device you may have to setup additional settings or use third party s/w to make your IE work with the Function Keys for RF Txns running on WebSAP Console.As of i know no patch or something that fixes it.We use "Naurtech" Software for our customers whenever there is a request to activate the Function Keys in the WebSAP Console transactions.You might have to explore that option.This works with almost all devices TekLogix,LXE,Symbol & Intermec.

http://www.naurtech.com

I saw ur other post that u want alternate for naurtech.What Handheld Device are you using?

(2) Regarding your #2 to try Patch 9.Usually there are certain common problems with WebSAPConsole like duplicate screens and some strange issues with LogOn screens etc.,.These are being taken care by applying the right Patch to your SAPGUI Frontend the machine where your WebSAPCOnsole is running.I think the latest patch with SAPGUI 640 is 19.May be check if you have something later than this.Applying the latest available patch will definitely help.

service.sap.com/patches >>>(Frontend Components)

Let me know.

Thanks

Gisk

Message was edited by: Sivakumar Ganesan(Gisk)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar Ganesan(Gisk) ,

For my previous second problem.. i already solved the issue by updating the patches..

However, I still have problem with the function keys for my RF terminal. The device i am using Symbol MC9000G. Is it really no way but to use a third party softway to solve this problem? thanks for guiding.. Also, if i change the displayer of the browser, will it help? anyone know where can find the symbol_displayer2003.dll file. I have tried to change the displayer in my sapconsole adminstrator.. to symbol_displayer.dll (original webdisplayer.dll).. Thanks

And if i use the naurtech software.. as i have downloaded and tested it. I am not sure if the way i am diong is correct or not.. but it seems doesnt really work for me. As i am expecting a Ctrl1 from the device to my SAP so that SAP can read the Ctrl1 as F1 key, but the naurtech software doesnt allow me to output a combination action key.. thanks for guiding.. this might be my last solution to use the third party... as my users are not really keen onto it..

Anyway.. all types of helps will be greatly appreciated!!!

Regards,

Mervyn