cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

excise invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

we'r sending material for testing/exhibition for which all duties need to be paid.

but after testing/exhibition material comes back

1 -in such a case what process/steps to be followed like wether return delivery to be cretaed ?

2 how we can recoup all duties wrt excise invoice created earlier

Pl suggest

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per Excise notification, there is a provision to send the samples on duty free. All the manufacturer have to do is that they have to inform the Excise authorities in advance and seek permission. While sending the samples, they have to declare the same that the samples are sent for display at exhibition and despatched on duty free basis.

I forget the notification number. I will search and update. Meanwhile, you please follow this procedure which is easy process.

On the other hand, if duty is paid while sending the samples, getting credit is a very tedious process.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

they'r sending finished goods (not sample) for exhibition for which they create excise invoice all duties applicable. but after exhibiton material is coming back in this case how to recoup duties.

Pl suggest

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Though in normal circumstances, duty is applicable, since the Finished Goods are being sent for exhibition, you can waive the duty with prior approval from Central Excise. In fact, long time back, I have handled this scenario where I had sent the items without paying duty and that is why, I have recommended the same suggestion.

As already said, there is a notification from Central Excise specifically indicating that there is no need to pay duty if the finished goods are sent for exhibition purpose. What you / your client have to do is that they have to check with their respective Central Excise range office to get the notification details.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you pl tel what exact document/Permission need to be submitted or obtained inorder to send goods for exhibition without paying duty.

so that i'l can convince users

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have a record which says the notification number is 215/84 for obtaining exemption of excise duty. Since this is a very old notification, I am not sure whether this still holds good. Hence, what I would request you is that ask your client to check with their Central Excise Range Office, who can definitely guide them.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Just check this solution whether it is applicable

Create a new sales order type as "Exhibition sales "

and maintain the condition record for price as (Assessable value) statistical in u r pricing procedure

and maintain the condition types and records for BED , Edu cess and HR & sec cess,

create the exhibition as customer

and show it as sales where all the duties will be captured and the invoice will be of only excise duties

After the exhibition is over take sales returns and do the necessary adjustments in J1IH

regards

Just think whether it is applicable or not