cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement type related question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the difference between movement type 413 and 412 with special stock indicator E?

An explanation with an example would help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

412E - Transfer posting sales order to own - reversal

413E- Transfer posting sales order to sales order.

Also check tcode OMJJ.

Rgds

San

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Christino

Movement type 412 and 413 are used in MB1B transactions by MM people

E is special stock indicator for sales order

Suppose if there is a material X in unrestricted stocks say 100 units and you want to reserve this stock to a special customer A the perfect way of doing it, is create a sales order for him customer A and in MB1B t code withg movement type 412 E and inputting sales the order no and execute and save

With this the unrestriced stocks moves into sales order stocks with 412 E

Suppose after doing this there is another order from customer B and same material X same 100 units and this customer A's order is getting cancelled then create a sales order for the custemer B then note down the order no with 413 E in MB1B you can transfer post from one sales to another sales order

412 E reserves the stocks to a customer against a sales order from the unrestricted

413 E transfers the stocks from one sales order to another sales order

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I use movement type 413 instead of 412E?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the stock is not available for the order your looking, then you can use the other order stock to current order with 413. If this is the case you can use this movement type has explained by Raj.

Regards

vk

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christino

Movement type 412 E is used for reserving for sales order from the unrestricted stocks in MMBE in t code MB1B

Movement type 413 E is used for reserving from one sales order

to another sales order in t code MB1B

Say stock is 50 in MMBE in unrestricted for material X

Sales order no 12345 created for customer A for material X for 50 units and you want all these 50 stocks for this order 12345

Use Movement type 412 E in MB1B t code

Another Sales order no 12346 created for customer B for same material X for 50 units and you want all these 50 stocks for this order 12346 as for you customer B is most precious

For this use MB1B t code Movement type 413 E to shift stocks or reservation from sales order 12345 to 12346 that is from customer A to customer B

Create a material put stocks create 2 orders for different customers and test it in MB1B

Sorry Christino if your qn is can i use 413 instead of 412 E then i think it is almost the same the exact difference can be given by only MM people

I think you can do that

Movement type 413 as per definition is transfer posting from storage location to a sales order almost has the same functionality of 412 E i did tested it

The special stock indicator E has a relation between the SD item category it is defined in VOV7 and the same is linked with postings in MM thro t codes MB1B or MB1C also

So on the face of it movement types 413 and 412 E looks the same but there must be a great difference some where

Dear Friends

The second qn is comparision between 412 E and 413 and send your suggestions for that

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Feb 13, 2009 5:45 PM

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

You cannot use movement type 413 instead of 412 or vice versa. Because both the movement serve entire different purpose.

As mentioned earlier 412 is to reserve unrestricted stock against a particular Sales Order, while 413 is to Transfer Stock restricted by one Sales Order to another Sales Order.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta