Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restrict user access to sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all...

We have the following situation:

A user xxxxx creates a sales order with va01 ... how can be limited the access to this sales order??..another user yyyyyy is not allowed to modify this sales order but user yyyyyy can create orders/modiffy ordes with va01/va02.(something like limit access to o sales order created by another user).

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all, take help from BASIS people.

If problem resolves then good, otherwise you can apply other logic.

Before saving the sales order through VA02, use USEREXIT to check the user id of the creator i.e. xxxxxxx and the current user i.e. yyyyyyy if matches then only SAVE otherwise display error message and abort the changes made by user yyyyyyy.

try

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with you about vf01 and va02..my problem is that for the 5 user i can't restrict the access to va02 ; they have to modify their own orders.(if I restrict the access to va02 how they can modify their own orders?? )

10x.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaidi

As suggested earlier:

Before saving the sales order through VA02, use USEREXIT to check the user id of the creator i.e. xxxxxxx and the current user i.e. yyyyyyy if matches then only SAVE otherwise display error message and abort the changes made by user yyyyyyy.

try

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know how to restrict access to a transaction from authorizations and user profile (t-code pfcg) ..problem is tha t the user XXXXX must have access to va02 becouse needs to modify his own orders..problem is that even persons from billing and PGI have to acess that sales order.(let say only 5 users must be blocked from changing thar order).

Any other ideea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even that you can do with the help of authorizations only.

For those 5 users dont give authorization to t-code VA02.

If GRC is being implemeted in the organization, generally persons having access to VF01 will not be given access to VA02. This will cause a SOD violation. For that you need to get special permission by providing the justification for giving the sensitive t-code and get access to the t-code.

For others you can restrict the usage of t-code as mentioned by you.

Hope this will solve your requirement.

Else please be more clear on your requirement.

Thanks

Swami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Viadi,

Your basis person can help you out in providing this restrictions.

I would like to tell you that you can restrict a particular user from accessing a t-code entirely for eg: you can restrict a user to only VA01 & VA03 i.e., creation and display and another user should be given access to VA02 i.e, change SO.

This way you can maintain security measures for SAP usage.

If you give authorization for creation and change there might not be sanctity of usage. But this again depends upon the client requirement.

Hope this helps.

SAP gurus any additions or corrections to this are welcome.

Thanks

Swami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is very much possible to give access to either create or modify.

Pls check with your "BASIS" People.

But as of my knowledge we can block the overall access just like VA02 access but we cannot give partial access like allowing to Va02 if he has created the order and block if some other user created the order.

Regards,

Mohan.