cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHASE and TASK user status workflow problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I developed a workflow it is triggered by a event of PHASE and be used to send events to TASKs. When certain user status of PHASE has been set, trigger some TASK workflow to set certain user status of TASKs. But I found that when user set a certain user status of a PHASE so triggered the workflow that be used to set user status of TASKs, all of the TASKs can not be change any user status, because when the user set a status of a PHASE , system locked all of its TASKs same time prevent change.

Best regards,

Arrow Yang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl check your configuration of how the user-defined status profile is configured.

If possible, pl give the settings si that I can get an idea of why the tasks are getting locked.

to get the settings navigae to:

Transaction: SPRO

Collaboration Projects u2192 Basic Settings u2192 Create/Change User Status for Status Profile

Regards,

Reema Shahbazkar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Reema Shahbazkar,

Thank you very much!

I defined three user status profiles as CPROJECT CPJPHASE CPJTASK for PROJECT / PHASE / TASK. Each of them has two user status: CRTE and PREP for "create" (initial status) and "pre-release" user status.

UserProfile UserStatus BusinessTransaction

CPROJECT CRTE

CPROJECT PREP

CPJPHASE CRTE Release->Forbiden / No Actiion

CPJPHASE PREP Release->Allowed / No Action

CPJPHASE PREP Complete->Allowed / No Action

CPJTASK CRTE Release->Forbiden / No Actiion

CPJTASK PREP Release->Allowed / No Action

I set the CPROJECT user status profile for PROJECT manually. Then I set the "pre-release" user status to PROJECT and trigger a workflow it raising serial "INIT" event of PHASE for every phases. Then the "INIT" event of PHASE trigger a workflow that I hope to set the CPJPHASE user profile to every phases. All of the events and triggered workflows work. But the task of the workflow that set the user profile to every phase failed. The PHASE method function return include such error message :

<TYPE>E</TYPE>

<ID>DPR_CGPL_MESSAGES</ID>

<NUMBER>009</NUMBER>

<MESSAGE>Object 140000000000000000042008 is already being processed by CPJADM</MESSAGE>

The user CPJADM just is the user that he just set "pre-release" user status for project and trigger this workflow -- he was me.

Best regards,

Arrow Yang.

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The message

Object 140000000000000000042008 is *already being processed by CPJADM

is related to lock objects in cProjects.

Make sure you use enqueue and dequeue functions in your workflow.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Reema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much.

I think if I use workflow to process a object, I need use enqueue and dequeue functions. But the user who process a object is operating a menu on cProject interface. It just is the user who trigger this workflow and this workflow item in other session can not set the object's user status, bucause it is locked by interactive user activity now.

Best regards,

Arrow Yang

Edited by: Arrow Yang on Feb 17, 2009 5:30 AM