cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP over JMS Sender Communication Channel - How to?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello folks,

I have an async. scenario in which a SOAP message is posted to a JMS queue, then SAP PI picks up the SOAP message, extracts the payload and maps it into an IDOC to SAP.

Couple of questions...

1. Does the JMS adapter supports SOAP over JMS?

2. Can I get the entire SOAP envelope in SAP PI (just like the "do no use SOAP envelope" function works in the SOAP adapter) ?

3. Is the above scenario possible? Given the fact that my scenario (i.e. ccBPM, mappings, etc..) is expecting a SOAP envelope as input?

Thanks,

Rob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1. Does the JMS adapter supports SOAP over JMS?

You can put any message format into a JMS queue.

> 2. Can I get the entire SOAP envelope in SAP PI (just like the "do no use SOAP envelope" function works in the SOAP adapter) ?

There is no functionality to extract the SOAP envelope from JMS message, so you always get the envelope in this scenario.

> 3. Is the above scenario possible? Given the fact that my scenario (i.e. ccBPM, mappings, etc..) is expecting a SOAP envelope as input?

Yes, this is possible.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan, many thanks for your answers.

2. Can I get the entire SOAP envelope in SAP PI (just like the "do no use SOAP envelope" function works in the SOAP adapter) ?

There is no functionality to extract the SOAP envelope from JMS message, so you always get the envelope in this scenario.

Does the answer above mean that I cannot get access to any SOAP headers set by the sender?

Thanks.

Rob

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess that would mean that there is no standard functionality available to extract the envelop for soap messages from jms queue. For your case, you could try to extract the soap message using java/xsl mapping.

Regards,

Prateek

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The SOAP message comes into XI as you put in JMS queue. The whole SOAP message including the envelope, the header and the body.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, then I think I am on the right track, but still I cannot get this scenario to work.

JMS (SOAP)-> SAP PI(ccBPM) --> IDOC

I put SOAP messages on the sender queue, those messages dissapear from that queue, so I would expect that I can see them back in PI, but no trace is left behind in the monitoring area... It is like they've never been read from the input queue.

What is happenning with those messages? The definition of the SOAP envelope has been uploaded as an external definition and linked to a message interface in the repository.

JMS Communication channel checked but it is also fine.

Any clues where to look?

Thanks.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I put SOAP messages on the sender queue, those messages dissapear from that queue, so I would expect that I can see them back in PI, but no trace is left behind in the monitoring area... It is like they've never been read from the input queue.

Are you sure that nothing else is registerd to that queue? If PI would receive that entry, you would see at least an entry in adapter monitor or channel monitor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure that nothing else is registerd to that queue? If PI would receive that entry, you would see at least an entry in adapter monitor or channel monitor.

I have checked everything and that queue is only known by SAP PI, so apparently the messages have been read by SAP PI but they're not shown on the monitor tools.

SMQ1 and SMQ2 look also fine.....

Any ideas where to look for those missing messages?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems that all the missing JMS messages were roll-backed to the input queue. I cannot confirm that's exactly what happened but when I opened the queue, all messages from yesterday were there again.

Anyone any idea what's going on here? Why are those messages not getting processed by XI and not visible on the monitoring tools?

Thanks