cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not importing all clients using CHARM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

We are running Solution Manager EHP1 and CHaRM configured to use newly installed CRM 2007 landscape successfully transport both corrections as far as QA only client 100 not all clients (the production system hasnu2019t been created yet). I created a transport target group containing the four clients.

Here is the issue, QA has four clients, all of which we would like to send transports to.

Is CHaRM capable of transporting requests to rest of three QA clients? I am having a though time finding any information on that.

Thanks in advance.

RS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if all your projects are using the same transport path and if your TMS is configured properly it will work with or without solman.

When you release a transport from your development system it should go to all four clients

Try first without solman. You create you transport and see if it is going to the QA clients. If necessary you need to change the project switch

thus my guess it that your TMS is not properly configured.

best regards Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

Thanks for swift response.

Here is my TMS configuration,

DEV100 >-/Target Group/-> QA100 >-----> PROD100

+--> QA200

+--> QA800

|

+--> QA810

Include the client 200, 800 & 810 in the target group. I can see the transport request in the import queue for 200, 800 & 810 after released transport request from DEV100.

I have already configured Extended Transport Control but not import into all clients automatically.

Any help will appreciate.

Thanks

RS

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello RS,

to test directly you just use an ur.gent correction SDHF. This will trigger automatically the import to your client as soon you request the testing.

If you use a normal request SDMJ you need to go in TMS and schdule regular import job (depending on your need you can filter the import by target client or project (If you don't know how to do this I can tell you (this was not easy to understand for me in the beginning because solman and tms are working in close collaboration. I suggest not to do it from solman if you schedule the import very often your calendar will be full very quick....)

All of this is working fine if the corresponding project switch are set-up correctly (ur.gent correction are bypassing the switch.

Before you start the schedule of import the best and quickest is to play with ur.gent requests

best regards Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

Thanks for you rquick response and the effort and time response to my request.

As I am concerned about ur.gent Connection. When I import it just goes to client 100 in Test environment and in import queue of 200 & 800, can able to see the transport request. Then manually import if it is customizing request.

You mentioned before that "All of this is working fine if the corresponding project switch are set-up correctly (ur.gent correction are bypassing the switch." Could you elaborate this how set-up project switch and what do you mean by that?

As per initial CHaRM configuration, project is in IMG project and I have not switch to CTS project.

Please, if you have any document in sap_jb at yahoo dot com.

Thanks again and god bless knowledge you have.

RS

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

don't forget that ur.gent corrections is a special process that should only be used in exceptional cases

that is why this is a little bit confusing with the normal process

For ur.gent correction sap will manage only the main maintenance path. If you have different QA systems, the import will be done by the regular import job you have defined there.

If the regular import jobs are not scheduled (for whatever reason) you can force the import in your project task list

please go via SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN in your project

go in the system landscape tab

go in the change request subtab

click on the button show task list

go in your main QA system and select the task

Import Ur.gent Corrections from Other Test Systems (program /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRIMP_SYNC_TEST)

right click on the item to schedule it immédiately

It should work (If it doesn't work I can test in my prod to see what is the potential problem)

in the worst case if it doesn't work please use the task for each target QA

Import Transport Request (Background)

best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

That's really valuable information. I did as per your message, I saw only /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRIMP_SYNC_TEST /000000000 on all the QA clients. When you mentioned main clients is that 100 clients or which one?

When I check in other clients I mean 800 & 200,

"Import Ur.gent Corrections from Other Test Systems", right click on the item but the "schedule" is disable and I double click the item and I can see that

Description Import Ur.gent Corrections from Other Test Systems

Task Owner <blank>

Type of Task

Radiobutton checked Program /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRIMP_SYNC_TEST

Variant 00000000000001 When I click display

Field Name TYPE frm

WF_WITEM P

WF_OKEY P

WF_WLIST P

P_TLNAME P M000000001

P_TLTYPE P M

P_TRTRCK P TR000001

P_ROLTYP P O

P_SYSROL P 1

P_SYSNAM P QAS

P_CLIENT P 800

P_PROGRM P /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRIMP_SYNC_TEST

P_RFCDST P SM_QASCLNT800_TRUSTED

P_CPICRF P SM_QASCLNT800_READ

P_CMRFCD P SM_QASCLNT800_TMW

P_ORIG P

P_ORIGID P

P_ORIGKY P

P_ORIGTX P

P_SMI P ZCH_CHM_M

P_PRCLS P

P_IMG P ZCH_CHM_M

P_CTS P DEV_P00001

P_REQTYP P

P_LAYER P

P_IMPROJ P X

P_ACT_ID P

P_TD P

P_CTYPE P

P_SCMA P

P_SEL P

Radio button unchecked Transaction

Radio button unchecked Notes

Radio button unchecked Flow Definition

Task Time

Day <blank> Dropdown 2 list Offset in Calendar days & Offset in work days

Offset <blank>

Start time <blank>

Same thing I can see in other QAS clients too.

Kind of confuse, what to set, how to set whether that one right or not. I checked in help.sap.com ur.gent corrections, mentioned "you can also import ur.gent corrections that have been completed into parallel test system by using the report /TMWFLOW/SCMA_BTCH_SYNC_TEST. You can also use background task /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRIMP_UC or /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRIMP_TEST, which are part of the task list for the maintenance cycle."

When I checked on my system I see report /TMWFLOW/SCMA_BTCH_SYNC_TEST but other 2 /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRIMP_UC or /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRIMP_TEST does not exist.

I will appreciate your help.

Thanks

RS

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

indeed in your case the main one is 100.

This task main only sense there

I checked the programs and I don't have /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRIMP_UC or /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRIMP_TEST but it might be a name issue (probably renamed by sap) .

I found /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRIMP_SYNC_TEST a,d /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRIMP_SYNC_UC

We have thus 4 programs all with the same description, the TEST and UC ending are misleading

/TMWFLOW/SCMA_BTCH_SYNC_TEST Synchronize UC Levels in the MC Test and Production Systems

/TMWFLOW/SCMA_BTCH_SYNC_UC Synchronize UC Levels in the MC Test and Production Systems

/TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRIMP_SYNC_TEST Synchronize UC Levels in the MC Test and Production Systems

/TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRIMP_SYNC_UC Synchronize UC Levels in the MC Test and Production Systems

for the trimp version the difference between test and Uc is one single parameter

UC iv_role_type = gcs_role_type-production

TEST iv_role_type = gcs_role_type-follow_on

for the batch version the project is added as parameter

Don't forget that task list are depending on the kind of project you run. There are no ur.gent transport for implementation project, only for maintenance project normally

In conclusion use the TEST to synchronize you non productive targets

use the UC to synchronize your productive environment (you might have different targets there)

In you case use /TMWFLOW/SCMA_BTCH_SYNC_TEST thus to schedule a regular synchronisation job of all your ur.gent transports for a project or use /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRIMP_SYNC_TEST to synchronize a single ur.gent transport in your different QA

I will make a test this afternoon to double-check if my statement is right. You can check on your side and tells me if it is ok like this

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

Thanks again. Here is what I did and NO LUCK.

In Solution Manager, I schedule job for /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRIMP_SYNC_TEST with variant for client 200 & 800. Job finish successfully but no result. One thing I noticed as mentioned before, ur.gent correction task list I can see only DEV 100, QAS 100 & PRD 100 (shortest path) while in project task list can see DEV 100, QAS 800, QAS 200, QAS 100 & PRD 100.

While running job used the user SOLTMW<SID><Client> and the variant already have RFC information (same information as I mentioned before).

If you have tested and succeed, please let me know.

Thanks

RS

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry.

false thread

Edited by: Andreas_P on Mar 6, 2009 4:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created an ur.gent correction. I released the task and the transport

The 3 QA received the transport in the buffer.

I imported the one of the main QA manually.

I went to the maintenance project and I did the test for the main and alternate QA and it fails too, but I get an error message "system

Z03 system buffer selection error

Message type__________ E (Error)

Message class_________ /TMWFLOW/TRANSPORT_N (TMWFLOW: Message Class for Transports)

Message number________ 301

Message variable 1____ Z03

I have no clue what is wrong

Note : if you schedule regularly the import you don't have this Sync issue anyway but I am interested to know why this is not working.

sorry

I will try to find out further Monday

br Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

Any clues?

Thanks

RS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my service provider destroyed my connexions in QA last week and the ur.gent process is not working anymore in QA, automated JOB are ok but manual import are not working anymore...and this is what I want to validate for you (but import in prod are ok). Happily we don't use this often. As soon the situation is restored I come back, promised

br Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the issue for the manual import is now solved but when the task in my main project /TMWFLOW/TS_SYNC_TEST_LEVEL is launched I get an error 301 QA system buffer selection error

It doesn't select anything.

If you look for TMWFLOW/TS_SYNC_TEST_LEVEL you have 10 different notes in the market place.

Maybe this one is relevant for you

Note 1144628 - Transport requests remain in import buffer

I continue to check

br

Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

I checked and cannot be implemented any of notes in our system. I am doing manually. Still looking for any solution which can give us to schedule background.

Thanks

RS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I amclosing this message as I reached the max.

Thanks a lot

RS