cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File System Sharing on Dialog Instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a Filesystem defined on D : Drive on all 3 R/3 systems : Dev / Qa and Prd. The file system name is "interface", with multiple sub folders

There are z programs which writes files in appropitare directory structure in D:\interface. The programs are modified in dev and then and the same programs are imported in QA and PRD for consistency. So when the same program is run on QA and PRD, it find the path and the program executes with no issues.

Now we plan to have additional dilaog instances for production system and would like to have D:|Interface on production shared accross the dialog instances. I am not sure if mapping the drive would help me.

The problem here is when a user logs on to the dialog insatnce and execute the Z programs, it will not find the path "D:\interface" and end up with a short dump.

Is there anyway we can achive this. Has anyone done this kind of implemention before on a windows environment.

Thanks Nirmal Roy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Mapping of drive will work out, but you have to make sure that your new DI should not occupy drive 😧 at the time of OS installation.

Regards,

Sreenivas .Y

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

This is a part of good programming practice irrespective of the programming languange. For example you can define your own environment variable (e.g. DIR_Z_INTERFACE) to pickup the folder where these interface files would be written. So, when you transport these programs to PRD you can define DIR_Z_INTERFACE of your choice hence no short dumps.

Hope this helps.

Manoj Chintawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was able to achive this by programming. Code will write data to servers based on SID, so the programs remain consistent and can be transported from DEV to PRD.

Thanks all for the suggestion.

Thanks Nirmal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To be able to manage interface files from DI on Windows, you need to use the Windows UNC syntax and the best is to use logical paths from transaction FILE.

Here is one example of how we manage incoming interface files on our R/3 system.

The R/3 system is called QLG, the client is 060, the company is called Acme

On each central instance host we have a I: drive dedicated for Interface files.

On this I: drive there is a directory I:\usr\SAP_IN which is shared as
cihost\sap_in

For one incoming interface (B2C files) , the incoming files are copied by the external system in the directory

I:\usr\sap_in\QLG_060\acme\b2c

In transaction file a logical path is defined like :

<P=SAPMSHOST>\sap_in\<SYSID>_<CLIENT>\company\b2c\<FILENAME>

With this syntax the files can be accessed from each DI of the system and we are safe with system refreshs as the logical path adapts automatically to the right physiscal path.

I hope this example can be useful for you.

Regards,

Olivier