cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Process - Exception handling or timeout issues?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a BPM process as below.

1. Receive step: Receive the file with multiple transactions.

2. Transformation step: Split the file into individual transactions

3 Block step which includes -- par for each mode

1. Send Step (Synchronus): Each individual transaction needs to contact the 3rd party system and get the response. -- Do i need to handle any exceptions here ?

2. Container : Collect all the responses

Block ends

4. Transformation: combine all the responses in to a single file

5. Send Step: synchronus -- send the above single file and get the response back

6. Transformation : Transform the above response into the target structure.

7. Send: send the message asynchronusly to the target system

I need suggestion regarding the exceptional handling or any time out issues, i need to take care of.

any suggestions would be really appreciated

Thanks,

Raj

Edited by: raj reddy on Feb 12, 2009 10:12 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I) For the Block holding the Sync Send, create an Exception Block. (right click on Sync Send -> Insert -> Exception Branch)

II) Name the Exception block (ex: exceptionHandler).

III) in the Sync Send step ->Properties -> Exceptions -> in System Error - add exceptionHandler.

IV) Now within the Exception handler block you can create containers to hold values from payload, throw exception as email etc).

This will cover your sync send step incase there is an error while sending the request of a timeout during receiving the response.

You can also do the same for the Step 7) Asycn send - if required.

Another suggestion in your question Step 6) can be done outside the bpm, when you do the interface determination for that Asycn Send you can add the Interface mapping that will map the responses to the target structure.

Doing this will reduce one step in your BPM. For further information in how more you can fine tune your bpm, read this blog - https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/5113. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

All the best.

Regards,

Balaji.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

I appreciate your valuable suggestions and help. I cannot do step 6 outisde because the target structure is created out of the two combined source strcutres.

Source(Initial aysncronus request + response from step 5) -

> Target structure(step 6)

Out side of the BPM the inital asynchronus request will not be available and thats the reason i have included that step in BPM.

as you said i can handle now the exceptions and time out for the send step - synchronus which is very crucial for me.

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do u want to know how to handle exceptions and timeout errors using BPM. or

Do u want any suggestions that in your scenario any exceptions or timeout fialures are needed. If that is the case please explain ur sceario.

Regards

Sowmya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowmya,

Yes sowmya i need the suggestions for timeout failures and any exceptions. Let me know if you have any suggestions. My scenario is SOAP - BPM - SOAP Axis.

Thanks,

Raj

Edited by: raj reddy on Feb 13, 2009 5:42 PM