cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW SESSION WAS REFUSED DUE TO MEMORY BOTTLENECK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working with the ECC 6 Integrated ITS, there are some ESS services. which we are publishing in the ITS and testing them in the portal. Sometimes, the iviews are showing the NEW SESSION WAS REFUSED DUE TO MEMORY BOTTLENECK etc. And this is disappearing if we are just publishing any ITS service.

Can anybody tell us, what could be the reason?

Thanks & Regards,

Ravi

Edited by: ravi shankar on Feb 13, 2009 1:44 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Start transaction sitspmon, and check memory availability. Check the value of parameter "em/global_area_MB" and increase this value if necessary...hope this can help...

Regards,

Jade

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

We have increased the ITS memory for some extent, but still its giving the error after working for sometime. In sitspmon, i found that ITS templates are using more memory....Actually we have assigned 150MB of memory there. I tested with a user, and i opened all the services first pages, we have nearly 28 services and after opening all the services, the templates memory reached to 115MB and again the memory bottleneck problem came. I did all this with the same user.

Each services template is taking away 5-10MB when opened, after opening 20 odd services pages it took 115MB of the 150Mb allocated for the total ITS in our server.

Can anybody help us in solving it.

thanks & Regards,

ravi

Edited by: ravi shankar on Mar 30, 2009 5:12 PM

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Do the above and increase the global memory.

The reason the issue goes away after publishing a service is probably because the template cache is flushed when publishing occurs, therefore freeing memory up in the short term.

Edgar