cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP certified Fax Software Solutions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are requested to configure SAP for faxing purchase orders directly to the vendor.

The challenge is to do this without the purchase of any SAP Faxing Software.

Has anyone configured SAP faxing without the use of a SAP Faxing Software package? I.e. using only a server installed with the MS fax services and nothing more? If so, was it successful or not?

My fear is that without a Faxing Software, it will be a very manual operation, i.e. error handling and monitoring, etc., which can contribute to high administrative overhead as well as increase of failed faxes.

If it is not logical to do this without a Faxing Software, can anyone recommend the names of the products they are using? I know of RightFax, but besides that, are there others that come highly recommended?

Forgot to mention: we are running ERP (ECC 5.0) and SRM (SRM 4.0)

Thanks!

Joyce

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The challenge is to do this without the purchase of any SAP Faxing Software

This sounds like flying without a plane...

Never tried MS fax services... but basically you need a FAX software that can handle SMTP. To be fairly honest I always worked with Rightfax and its really good but I'm sure theres lots of other FAX softwares certified by SAP that are as easy to use...

Read SAP Note 455140 - Configuration of e-mail, fax, paging or SMS using SMTP

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case anyone else has the same question, here is what I discovered:

After much research, I found a solution that would not require hardware or software installation (you will only need SAProuter). The provider is Esker.

Answers (0)