cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

handling acknowledgement for sender idoc from multiple receivers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem: Sender IDOC mapped to multiple FILE receivers. So sender system is SAP, receivers are BS_SYS1, BS_SYS2 and BS_SYS3. The partner profile for IDOC is set as BS_SYS. Due to this, I can enter BS_SYS in the Adapter-Specific Identifiers of one of the services say BS_SYS1. But all three will send acknowledgements and the ack messages for BS_SYS2 and BS_SYS3 error out in MONI due to

'Unable to convert sender service BS_SYS2 to an ALE logical system' and 'Unable to convert sender service BS_SYS3 to an ALE logical system'. How do I solve this since I am not able to set BS_SYS in all three services/adapter-specific identifiers box at the same time.

Anyone have this issue before? I am guessing one option is to create logical systems BS_SYS2 and BS_SYS3 in SAP and have the aleaud messages routed to these logical systems. But when there are say scores of receivers, it is a clumsy solution.

Thanks

JB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

nice to have here

You have alternatives:

1. Just use one business system with different inbound interfaces / receiver agreements / communication channels and conditions at interface determination

2. Create a Business Process which is doing the split. This could lead to some minus performance but you would be able to handle the acknowledgements in a senseful way (you get 3 ackn for one send msg)

Regards,

Udo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your receiver agreement for sending Acks, you can specify the XI system name as the sender business system (though they are related to ur sys1 sys2 ...) so that ECC will always receive messages as if it is receiving them from XI. Just a work around.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue with this solution is the same as before. I cannot use the logical system name for the XI system in more than one business system's adapter specific identifier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Try this out:

1. Go to receiver agreement of your scenario in the Integration Directory.

2. Switch to the change mode, activate the sender communication component in the Header Mapping section, and select Integration_Server from the value list.

3. Make sure that you have set the logical system of the Integration_Server in the partner profile setting in each your business system (back end).

Regards,

Lim...