Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM - 03 TYPE INSPECTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends

This is in continuation to the thread link

As per this I performed a 03 u2013 type inspection as follows :

1. MM01 u2013 material created with 03 u2013 type inspection activated in QM view

2. CA01 u2013 Routing created with 2 operations and MICu2019s created separately for these 2 operations in the Routing itself

Control keys u2013PP06 selected for the 2 operations

3. CS01 u2013 BOM created for the material / plant combination

4. Production versions created for the material u2013 MM02 wherein Routing, BOM and production versions are linked.

5. C223 u2013 transaction for mass processing of production versions.

6. CO01 u2013 Production order created for a sample quantity of say , 2 KGS and Quality Inspection selected in Stock type

7. CO11N u2013 operational confirmation ( Time ticket screen )

8. MIGO u2013 where the GR is created for 2 KG sample quantity

9. MMBE u2013 2 KG shows in the Quality stock quantity

10. QA 32 u2013 transaction, for results recording and usage decision made as accepted

Thus the inspection lot for 03 u2013 type is created and UD made.

Kindly clarify the following :

1. Is PP06 the right control key in Routing , for 03 type inspection

2. If the batch quantity to be inspected is 1000 KG , what quantity has to be entered in the Production order u2013 CO01 u2013 whether the total quantity of 1000 KGS or the 2 kgs sample to be inspected. Since there is no stock transfer in 03 u2013 type inspection, have I to select Quality stock type in Production order screen.

3. If there is no stock transfer involved, should I go for MIGO transaction & MMBE, where the quality stock is displayed as 2 kg in quality stock in MMBE

4. After UD is made as accepted there being no stock posting, the same 2 kg remains permanently in the Quality Stock in the MMBE screen itself.

Kindly tell me if the above steps are correct.

Or Can I simply create a manual lot , for 03 u2013 type inspection. Please clarify.

Regards

Selva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Selva

1) The best process is creating 03 inspection automaticaly while creating an order

2) Even if you are going to do it manually still you require to give the order number for which you need to carry out 03 inspection. it will not ask for any quantity as it takes directly from production order

Please let me know if you have further clarifications

Regards

gajesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you friends. I shall come back if any clarifications needed.

Selva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh & Keerthi

Very much thankful to your guiding answers. Thanks a lot.

Also tell me if I can simply create an inspection lot manually - QA01 for inspection type - 03 , and record results, which seems to be very simple. Or is it not the correct procedure. Please clarify. In the case if it is ok, what is the quantity that I have to enter if it is a 1000 kgs batch.

Selva

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Selva,

This is not advisable;e to do 03 type inspection manually because mainly this type of inspection used to confirm QM inspection qty with reference to production order or process order.

Thanks!!!

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Selva

Well explained by Keerthi

Adding to it

1) There is slight difference in your understanding of 03 inspection.

a) 03 inspection lot is created when production order is created

b) You have to input the entire production order quantity in Co01 and not the inspection quantity

c) Attach sampling procedure according to your requirement in the routing CA02 along with MICu2019s so that you get the inspection quantity

d) 03 inspection is not stock specific

e) 03 inspection is normally used in place of co11n operation confirmation

f) You will be able to confirm the quantity for the QM operation through 03 inspection lot

g) Quantity confirmed will not be displayed in MMBE or in any storage location

h) Once MIGO is done if 04 inspection is active the quantity moves to quality or else moves directly to unrestricted. ( after migo there is not connection of quantity with 03 inspection lot)

Also please go thru the setting for 03

will provide you with 03 inspection setting

At plant level in Customisation maintain the following

1) Plant level - Result Recording

2) Inspection point field combination : 100

3) partial Lot Assign : Partial lot and batch for each inspection point

4) Proposal for inspection point valuation : Maintain any of the selectedset coded you have created for 03 inspection or 04 inspection

Master Data Required

1) Maintain 03 inspection in MM02

2) Selected set for 03 inspection for the particalur plant

3) Sampling procedure with selection of inspection point as this mandatory

4) Maintain routing as mentioned below

1) Go to CA02

2) go to header

3) Maintain inspection Point as 150

4) Maintain partial Lot Assign as partial lot assignment according to plant default

5) At Operation level maintain a QM work center ( testing ) with Control key QM04 ( as per your requirement)

6) double click on the control key and go to Quality Management : Inspection points

7) Maintain Inspection point completion : Quantity , Valuation and confirmation ( as per your need , you can select other options also) press F1 and see the impact of each

😎 choose time related and keep Tfac 1 and Unit as HR ( As needed)

9) You can select quantity - related also and then maintain the quantity.

10) Selection the QM operation and maintain in the MIC with above said sampling procedure

At transaction level

1) create order co01, release and save . lot will be created.

2) Do the opertion confirmation if there is any operation mentioned in the routing before the qm operation

3) go to qa32.> result > you will get a pop of all the operation with yellow traingle mentioning QM is active in that operation. double click on the QM operation

4) pop will come for entering parial quantity, date time

5)enter the details, do the result recording

6) save, pop will come for confirmation of quantity

regards

gajesh

former_member204463
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Selva,

1. Is PP06 the right control key in Routing , for 03 type inspection

We donot if any changes are made to the control key, better check in the control key PP06 or any other, if the inspection characteristics indicator if active or not.

2. If the batch quantity to be inspected is 1000 KG , what quantity has to be entered in the Production order u2013 CO01 u2013 whether the total quantity of 1000 KGS or the 2 kgs sample to be inspected. Since there is no stock transfer in 03 u2013 type inspection, have I to select Quality stock type in Production order screen.

Inspection lot is always created for total production quantity after the order is released. You can mange the sample quantity with the sampling procedure (assigned to inspection char. in routing)

3. If there is no stock transfer involved, should I go for MIGO transaction & MMBE, where the quality stock is displayed as 2 kg in quality stock in MMBE

There will be no stock posting for 03, rather you can put it into scrap or rework quantity while confirmation operation wise. I'm not sure of what you're referring to MIGO & MMBE

4. After UD is made as accepted there being no stock posting, the same 2 kg remains permanently in the Quality Stock in the MMBE screen itself.

Please understand that 03 is in-process inspection where the inspection is carried out basically at the shop floor itself, the material generally will not be carried to inspection labs. So, no question of stock type change here.

Regards,

Keerthi.