cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to read attachment data in mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my scenario I receive an XML file with another file as attachment. I need to map both the content of the XML file and the attachment to the target which will be sent as an attachment in a mail.

I have used JavaMapping and I'm now able to send the mail with the attachment. But i'm not sure how to read the contents of the attachment in the mapping.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bhargav

Edited by: Bhargav Srinadh Gundabolu on Feb 12, 2009 10:03 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhargav,

It depends on the version of SAP PI you have,

Prior to Version 7.1 there was no support to access attachments in a Mapping Programm, so in that

case the only way to handle it is e.g. to access it in an adapter module (dependent on your scenario).

In SAP PI 7.1 you can easily access an attachment within a mapping.

Within a Java mapping program this can be done with the TransformationInput Class, calling the method getInputAttachments() which will give you all available attachments.

Also see the SAP PI 7.1 javadocs (com.sap.aii.mapping.api):

https://help.sap.com/javadocs/pi/SP3/xpi/index.html

In a graphical mapping you can access attachments within a UDF through the GlobalContainer parameter:

GlobalContainer globalContainer = container.getGlobalContainer();

InputAttachments inputAttachments = globalContainer.getInputAttachments();

With best regards

Sebastian

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargav,

if your receiver system is a SAP system with WAS >= 6.20 then you can use a ABAP inbound proxy and create the business logic there. It is quite easy to pick the attachment there: [SAP help: Attachments|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/a7/3b2a2d45a34a23b75e3b18745c63bc/content.htm]

Regards,

Udo

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will not be able to read the attachment in mapping unless u use the payloadswap been. But this would replace your actual payload. If you want both of them in the mapping, you need to write an adapter module which would read both the payload and the attachment and create a sinlge message and sends it to IE. You have to define your message types according to this new XML and use in mapping.

VJ