cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get number range by gtin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any function to get number range by gtin number?

I know the webservice "GET_NUMBER_RANGE_IN" but it wants EPC number not GTIN or materialID*

how can i access Number Range for an device controller?

Thanks..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tuncer,

As you have rightfully pointed out the Web Service getNumberRange needs an EPC tag id.

Question 1:

So to suit your requirement there is a RFC Enabled Function module ie BAPI called

BAPI_AIISRV_GET_NUMBER_RANGE which generates a number range based on the actual objects

ie GTIN

SSCC

GRAI

GIAI

DoD

So since it is RFC enabled this BAPI can also be made as a Web service and used.

Question 2:

Why do you need to access the number range for a device controller on the first place itself. Number ranges can be managed at SAP AII level but i dont think so it is possible at the device controller level.

It will be the device controller which will be accessing the service from SAP AII to generate the number range. SAP AII does not have the capability to generate number ranges and block number ranges specific to a device controller. However i think this capability can be ABAP coded and developed.

Please revert if you have any other questions.

Thnks and Regards

Yogesh Bhatia

Edited by: Yogesh Bhatia on Feb 13, 2009 8:40 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thanks alot..your answer is very helpful.

I want to ask another question when i call the function it search default EPC version, while i was debugging i found table /AIN/TEPC_ACTVER.it is empty

do you know which transaction code can i customize default Epc version or cant i give epc version as parameter to the function.

Sincerely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tuncer,

Whether it is possible to give EPC Version to the BAPI that you should check in the BAPI input parameters.

But ya you can set the default ID version in the following place

Run transaction code spro

--> Auto ID Infrastructure --> Basic Settings --> ID Settings --> Default ID Version

Here select the ID version tht you want as default ( generally EPC 1.30). Save the settings and transport or save locally to be working with that EPC version on default. (This will fill the table the table you have mentioned and encountered during debugging)

Hope this solves your problem.

Thnks and Regards

Yogesh Bhatia