cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service Authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where would I find web service authorization? It would be so helpful if there was a transaction like SU53 to view the authorizations. The question comes fromt the following situation:

1. We have created a web service from the BAPI OrderheadGetList.

2. The web service has been defined and tested in SICF, WSCONFIG, and WSADMIN

3. We can successfully run the web service on clients where we have fairly broad authorization roles.

4. We have been testing running it on both the java stack and from Visual Studio.

5. A user, with what we guess are the appropriate roles for a developer, gets this error when testing the web service from WSADMIN on the java stack:

Authority check failed,

REQUEST

POST /sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/Z_MAINTENANCEORDERHEADGETLIST?sap-client=300 HTTP/1.1

Host: RPUQECB.RPU.ORG:8002

Content-Type: text/xml; charset=UTF-8

Connection: close

Authorization: <value is hidden>

Content-Length: 5426

SOAPAction: ""

RESPONSE

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

Set-Cookie: <value is hidden>

content-type: text/xml; charset=utf-8

content-length: 363

sap-srt_id: 20090210/150545/v1.00_final_6.40/DDF7B694B41EA0F191A3001B78419774

server: SAP Web Application Server (1.0;700)

<soap-env:Envelope xmlns:soap-env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soap-env:Body><soap-env:Fault><faultcode xmlns:n0="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd">n0:FailedAuthentication</faultcode><faultstring xml:lang="e">Authority check failed</faultstring></soap-env:Fault></soap-env:Body></soap-env:Envelope>

Right now we are just trying to get a protype working. But we will need to know authorization for both the developer and end user. So need a tool to determine missing authorization.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Laura Andrews

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

[help.sap.com|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/2b/07074155bcf26fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm] is your friend...

Hope it helps,

anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

oops. my link might look a bit misleading. click it, it leads you to a specific ressource, not only help.sap.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anton, thank you very much.

Your link provides useful information, but I am working on NW 2004s for ABAP and the only existing role there is "SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_ADMIN". This role is already assigned to the user used to launch the WS.

I can succesfuly create the WS from a remote enabled FM and I can properly see the WSDL output via wsadmin-tc, but the "authority check failed" message appears trying to test the WS in NWCE 7.11 (WS Navigator->Test WS from an specifc wsdl url).

If I had to create the roles included in your link, I have no idea about what information should I supply...

Anyway, I have filled the logon data in transaction SICF for that WS so I don´t understand what kind of authority check is failing :S

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

Vicente

Edited by: Vicente Ángel Lopez Romero on Feb 24, 2009 12:37 PM

Edited by: Vicente Ángel Lopez Romero on Feb 24, 2009 4:57 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, similar situation here. I can not test a WS created from a function module. There are no issues related to R3 side, but when I try to test it in NWCE the authority check fails.

Did you find any solution?

Kind regards