cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freight Charges/Shipping charge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Forum,

What are the different ways to charge freight to customers based on weight and distance (point of departure (shipping point/plant) to point of arrival)?

Can this be achieved by implementing shipment cost document? And will the charge on the shipment cost document be copied to the customer invoice?

Can the shipment cost document be split by plant/delivery date?

Thank you for your help and support..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello SAP Community,

I have achieved all points of this thread so far: Implemented LE transportation, Takeover freight cost into the SD invoice and so on. Also the freight pre-calculation in sales order processing VA01 is working.

The Problem which I cannot solve:

Is it possible to take over transportation costs calculated in the LE transportation module into my sales order?

I have created two sales conditions which are referencing application F (freigths) condition there in the LE-TRP module. There it is calculated two dimensionall< which might add some complexity.

Nevertheless, has anyone some helpful experience with cross application referencing of condition values e.g.

SD Price calculation scheme has a condition which is customized as referencing a condition type of the application F (freigth) where it is calculated and my plan is to take it over into the SD price calculation via referencing.

Any comments are highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Philipp

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anup,

1.What are the different ways to charge freight to customers based on weight and distance (point of departure (shipping point/plant) to point of arrival)?

Go through this help link it will help you about different ways to charge the freight

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/28/53584348be11d385ed0000e81ddea0/frameset.htm

2.Can this be achieved by implementing shipment cost document?

Yes you can achieve, for more details go through this help link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/93/74409f546011d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

3.will the charge on the shipment cost document be copied to the customer invoice?

Yes you can copy the freight charges to the customer invoice.

For more detail go through this help link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/5f/e411bb044411d2bf5d0000e8a7386f/frameset.htm

4.Can the shipment cost document be split by plant/delivery date?

Shipment document will be created with reference to the shipment dcoument so shipment cost document split may takes place based on the different data in the shipment document.

These are the data may impact in the shipment cost document split

Service agent

Shipment route

Shipping type

Leg indicator

Service Level

Shipping Conditions

Shipment Number

Shipment type

TransportPlanningPt

Shpmt compl. type .....etc this selection data you can view in VI04 - Collective Processing - transaction.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

these are many questions.

What are the different ways to charge freight to customers based on weight and distance (point of departure (shipping point/plant) to point of arrival)?

1. Yes this is possible with the transportation module. You will need shipment document and shipment cost doucment. The shipment document is the prerequisite for the shipment cost document.

Can this be achieved by implementing shipment cost document?

Yes. This is possible. You can use tariff zones grouping different postal codes or only postal code. The more detailed you will be the more master data you have to maintain in the freight cost conditions which can be also related to weight. You need to consider this.

And will the charge on the shipment cost document be copied to the customer invoice?

Yes this is no proble. Just two or three simple settings need to be done. E.g same condition for freight cost pricing procedure and sales pricing procedure, copy control etc...

Can the shipment cost document be split by plant/delivery date?

Yes you can create plant as transportation planning point. As you need to assign the delivery to shipment document this is also possible.

Thank you for your help and support..

Your welcome implementing LE-TRA is quiet an effort,you need to consider this. But it is also a powerfil module enabling you to keep control of your shipment cost.

Refere to the documentation for further details

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/d5/2285347860ea35e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Good Luck.