cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overwrite existing forecast in SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Can you show me the coding in /SAPAPO/RTSOUTPUT_FCST which overwrites/deletes the old forecast in SNP if the "Add data" is not checked?

We use a Z* report, which is a copy of /SAPAPO/RTSOUTPUT_FCST, but it does not overwrite the forecast in SNP when product is phased-out and no forecast exists in DP.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Alper

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the program to find that it passes the info from "Add data" to a FM /SAPAPO/MSDP_REL_RELEASE if its ticked or not and the FM takes care of deleting the forecast.

However, what we follow in our batch sheet is , to delete the forecast in SNP before we release the forecast from DP to SNP, we run /sapapo/rlcdelete and delete the forecast by passing FA as the order category and other relevant data.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuradha,

Yes, we also delete the old forecast, but we use the report /sapapo/MD74 as it is recommended here: https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1276854

Now I want to fix the Z* report which we use to release the forecast. When it has been fixed I will not run the report /sapapo/MD74 anymore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alper,

I am trying to understand your issue. So when you are releasing the forecast from DP to SNP, it's not getting over written?? or when your forecast is zero in DP and you release to SNP, the qty.s are not get over written by 0 or deleted) in SNP??

The value has to be overwritten in both the above cases unless you have the indicator add data checked.

Do you have a shipping calendar assigned in your location master? If it does not have the days you are releasing as working days, then the system does not write any values to SNP.

If non of the abovem it's a bug.

Check OSS messages: 1037560, 1174487, 1248123 etc.

In theory, if you have a forecast of 100 in DP and release to SNP, SNP should now have 100

Then you chnage the 100 to 200 and release again without "add data", then the forecast in SNP should be 200.

It is not a good idea to delete forecast using the program RLCDELETE as it can delete all the forecast. Instead /sapapo/md74 is a good idea as it deletes only unconsumed forecast.

If you use SNP with R/3 and use RLCDELETE to delete the forecast, then the system deletes even the forecast allocated. Also you can get hit with your consumption.

Alper, please let me know if my understanding of your issue is right.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

The problem is that when forecast is deleted in DP, it is 0, the release program does not delete it in SNP. The standard report MC90 works fine. We use a Z report which is a copy of MC90 and it does not overwrite the forecast in SNP with 0. That's why I am looking for the code which controls the overwrite/add process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It should still overwrite it.

Example:

DP forecast:____15thFEB____16THFEB___17thFEB____

_______________100_________100______100_________

You release this to SNP and you see in SNP as

SNP forecast:____15thFEB____16THFEB___17thFEB____

_______________100_________100______100_________

Then you change the forecast in DP to 0

DP forecast:____15thFEB____16THFEB___17thFEB____

_______________0____________0_________0_________

You release this to SNP and you see in SNP should show

SNP forecast:____15thFEB____16THFEB___17thFEB____

_______________0____________0_________0_________

If it does not, it's a bug. Please check the OOS notes I referred and you can also search OSS or open OSS message to SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

As I said, the standard report /SAPAPO/RTSOUTPUT_FCST works fine and it overwrites the values in SNP with the current values in DP even if they are 0.

The problem is that our Z report which releases the DP forecast to SNP does not ovewrites the values in SNP if the forecast in DP is already set to 0.

That's why I am looking for the FM in /SAPAPO/RTSOUTPUT_FCST, which is handling the forecast deletion in SNP if the foreacst in DP is already deleted, in order to add it in our Z report.

Regards,

Alper