cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Responsibility of proxies in projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an ongoing discussion with our ABAP leader in my project team about the responsibilities for proxies. I'm advising that me as the PI consultant should create&develop all proxies, as there are PI specific development logic involved(such as attachments, EOIO handling, acknowgledgements etc.) and guide the ABAP team to develop business logic if needed(such as retrieving business data to fill in the request). But our ABAPer says that he should be developing them as they are transportable workbench requests.

What are your opinions on this, how do you do it in your projects?

Regards,

Gökhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1) It is simple if One person does end to end.

2) in case of if there needs to be a boundary,

- then the PI developer can stop after creation of IFs, messages etc (all in IR & ID)

- the ABAP developer can start from SPROXY and all other stuff in the abap stack.

but this purely based on the way of working in the organisation, skill set of cosultants etc

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your input. I would appreciate more opinions on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well it's totaly depends upon your skill set. If you are very much flexible with ABAP & XI both then it is always good to develope the object end to end, because in that case developement will be faster and we will require only one resource. And in case of any change you can estimate the impact and then you know where the exact chages should be made.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As in our organization,

We, as PI consultant, create Objects in XI (Datatypes, Msg types, Msg interface etc).

Basis will make proxy connection between PI and R/3, and generate the Proxy for Msg interfaces (as this is also transportable request).

ABAP team members do coding in Proxy (synch or asynch method) to put the business logic (as this is also transportable request).

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Hetal