cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smart form error message...doesnt give any any clue where this error occurs

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey all,

i am getting error message : The statement TABLE is not expected A correct similar statement is TABLES under global definition..you have any idea..what could be the error....it is directing me to form routine tab when i click this error message...it doesnt say me under which line no error is.

Edited by: Deepan Gunalan on Feb 12, 2009 5:40 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

It is so weird the fact..we transported this code from one envirnment to another editor..

for some editor moved ..one line comment to second line..unfortunately in second line Table was the comment which was uncommented...but took hours to hours to identify..what after hours of hours...i moved the code to abap workbench editor..but there it was very easy to find..lt gave me which line no error..so it is resolved...thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepan,

You have declared your table right.

You have to declare it as tables.

You can do that in global definitions -> initialization if you have declared it in your form or else check the same in your program.

Hope it helps!

Much Regards,

Amuktha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the Form routines -

> tables tab

and Global definitions -

> Global data tab .

if you have declared it correctly there

try checking in the Initialization tab if you have written and source code there. If you have written any thing there you need to mention in the input and output parameters also.

regards

sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi deepan,

In the global definitions --> check global data define the variable name

and type assignment check whether you have declared as type tables of decalre it as type table of .

Regards,

Sravanthi

amit_khare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Search in FORM ROUTINES/TYPES tab for any Data Declaration.

This is simple ABAP error, where a Table is Declared with TABLE instead of TABLES...

e,g, -

TABLES: T001W, MARA.

P.S. -

Please close your open threads -

Total Questions: 50 (42 unresolved)