cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing data of material XXXX is not maintained

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are having some trouble in creating material component in our project. We keep getting the error message:

Purchasing data of material XXXX is not maintained

We have filled in the data in the Purchasing view of the material. Are we missing some customizing or data master maintenance?

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Neil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

hi

if its there in network activity please maintain the Purchasing Organization and Material Group field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

When u are getting first time this error.

Material XXXXXXX not maintained in plant XXXX

u might have updated by using mm01...directly by selecting Purcahsing view.(here u should select organizational level with plant also).

now u plz update in mm01. and check u wont get this error .

I have checked.

Regards

Chandra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello,

To clarify some points.

First check your BOM and see subitems. For all of 'em you need to create Purchasing view.

It's not about SFG/FG, It's about resource materials ie. ROH, HIBE, VERP and etc.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The Purchasing Group have to be maintained in the Purchasing view to get the desired result (T-code: MM01)

regards,

Uddhab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your answers,

I think it had to do with the definition of the material type. We hadn't maintained the type of internal and external purchase.

Points awarded for helping us getting to the solution with your suggestions!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using the same thread for the reason that I have a user who creates work order and being defaulted with a particular Purchasing group XXX everytime he go to the purchasing tab with the given component/material.

This Purchasing group is different from the purchasing group maintained in the material master.

Can you advise what to check? I do not see any defaults in IW31 but have read there is default for order types but it is done in config.

Please advise. Thanks.