cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

My company had some consultants build an interface for PO Create and PO Change. PO Change is not working properly and the consultants are gone. XI picks up a .txt file from JDE. It is determined if it is a create or change. This interface uses a cross reference to grab a material number. Well some PO Changes, once processed, contain material number and other ones do not. The ones that do not contain material number fail when the IDoc hits ECC side. We use PORDCH.PORDCH02. The error asks to enter a material number. I am told that our business need does not require a material number along with a couple other fields that are currently mapped for PO Changes. So my question is why or how can I make this work with out a Material number. It seems like ECC or the program that processes the IDoc is requireing material number. If I don't want that to happen where do i go to change this. Also the process code in the partner profile is BAPI if that helps anybody.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

having a abap programmer look at this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Luck.

Thanks,

Pooja Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your program requires the Material number then you can do 2 things.

1. If material number is not used while creating PO/ if material number is not unique, then in XI mapping hard code some value for material number.

2. Make the field as optional field in your R/3 system.

Let me know name of the field, so i can see that we can make its occurence as 0...1 or not.

Thanks,

Hetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure where to make the field optional in my R/3 system.

It is expecting Material but if it is not there it expects ACCTASSCAT. If I give it ACCTASSCAT then it wants SHORT TEXT. I do not want to use ACCTASSCAT at all. If I could set it up that if Material doesn't exist then use SHORT TEXT that might work. To do this though I would have to somehow make ACCTASSCAT not required. None of these show as required in my message mapping. The issue just comes into play whent my R/3 systems recieves the IDoc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the issue is not coming in XI mapping, then you need to make changes in your RFC code.

There should be some condition coded in RFC that if material is not there then use your field ACCTASSCAT. Just change that condition and put short text field in place of ACCTASSCAT.

Thanks,

Hetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Derrick,

As per my understanding the idoc PORDCH02 only supports a PO change.

The idocs PORDCR01, PORDCR101 and PORDCR102 support both create as well as change.

Try to use either of the above three idocs for your case. It may resolve your problem.

Thanks,

Pooja Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found a document on PO idocs : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_snc2007/files/purchase_order.pdf

Hope it will help you.

Thanks,

Pooja Pandey