Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding Output Determination Procedure and Output Analysis

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Would anyone be able to help me understand why the ordering of the output type in Output Determination Procedure is different than the Output Analysis ? The one provided below is the output analysis for a delivery document. Two questions posted here regarding this.

Q1: ZD04 output type is what i am after. In delivery doc, ZD04 output appear as green light. My question here is why is the ordering in analysis different than output procedure ?

Step 10 should be read first , then step 12, and so on.

Q2. Why did it display ZD04 not found in analysis when ZD04 appear on the delivery output as green light ? When i drill down, it show 2 access sequence. Access 10 stated Output found. Access 20 stated Output not found.

In Analysis Output: i have:

LDOO - Output not found

MAIL - manual output

PLOO - Output not found

Z940 - Output found

ZBOL - Output not found

ZD04 - OUTPUT NOT FOUND

The Output Determination Procedure as:

Step Counter CType

10 1 LD00

12 1 ZLFX

13 0 LALE

14 1 ZBOL

20 2 MAIL

75 1 ZD04

90 1 PL00

110 1 Z940

Thank you.

Joyce

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

thank you for all your feedback.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joyce,

In delivery output determination analysis, if you have more than one access sequence for an output type and one of them fails, the msg against the output type is shown as output not found. If you expand the tree, you can find the success msg at the key combination where system finds an entry. This seems like an issue with SAP. Check if there are any OSS notes.

Thanks,

S

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I wonder about it too.... thank you for pointing to OSS note.

Joyce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May the output condition record is not maintained and some would have processed manually so that could be the reason ZD04 shows green light , access not found because record is missing in analysis.

And system will also ways go by the output determination steps and records of access sequence.

Regards

vK

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi VK,

There is a condition record which meet the criteria for ZD04 . I wonder why in analysis it stated output not found. ZF04 has 2 condition records. Maybe the second condition record is not found, thus system putting the mis-informed message.

Thank you for your helpful info.

Joyce