Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Result analysis Use

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on IM -PS integration.

I have WBS created from AR in IM and i have created a structure on this top level WBS element.

Now i have removed investment profile from one of the WBS element and i an capturing the planned cost and actutal cost against this WBS element(First level 2 WBS element).

This WBS work will be executed for 3 months but at the end of each month client want the actual cost tobe distributed as capital cost and Operational expediture.

Then at the end of work execution for this WBS element, the cost is transferred to next WBS element and then to the below WBS element. At the last WBS, the asset is created.

But my client want to capture the cost at each WBS element during each month end as CAPEX And OPEX cost that too wthout settling to further WBS element.

Is there any way out or solu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

U can write 2 settlement rules at each WBS element to transfer the cost to 2 cost objects (CAPITAL & OPEX) based on percentage or amount.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I forgot to mention one thing here -

At the end of first month i.e. on 28 February 2009, when i have actual cost against WBS element, my client want it to be treat/view as a CAPEX and OPEX so that it should be reflected against balance sheet and P/L account. So that he can monitor the cost all over the company and report it accordingly as it very important from the reporting perspective to have this seggregration at each month end (This is not settlement as WBS is still in process and active)

Then at the start of next month i.e. 1st March 2009, i want the cost again on WBS element and then the actual cost in the month of March 09 will get added to the old month cost i.e. Feb-09 and again at the March end the spilt of new cost is reported.

When this WBS is completed i.e. somewhere in APRIL 09, its cost is taken to the next WBS below it and finally when this cost is taken at the bottom lelel, i want it settled to CAPEX and OPEX.

CAPEX to AUC and Fixed asset and opex to cost centre.

In short i dont want it settled at each month end but from the reporting point view i want the split up of cost at each month end and then the WBS should work as usual in second month and when it is completed should transfer the actual cost as a percentage of CAPEX and OPEX to next WBS element (Where i think settlement will come into picture)

Waiting for your reply please.

Thanks

Edited by: Raghunandan Iyer on Feb 13, 2009 7:17 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

You can give distribution rule to so that you can settle in % .

You can settle some amount to one reciever and some % to other reciever.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

for this you can create two Project Profile one with Investment Profile and another without investment profile.

manually create Settlement rule and settle the OPEX cost to the cost center.