cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to get a Jco3.0.1 connection running

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have followed the tutorial in order to establish a connection and validate the credentials and setup parameters I have received.

I write the properties to a file and parse it into the destination manager as the tutorial describes. The properties I write are:

- JCO_ASHOST, JCO_SYSNR, JCO_CLIENT, JCO_USER, JCO_PASSWD

and I'm using a direct connection.

dest = JCoDestinationManager.getDestination(SAP_SERVER);

dest.ping(); // same result with dest.getAttributes()

When ping is invoked an exception is cast and here I'm stuck. (the content of the dest object is attached, is it a problem that isInitiazed=null and destinationId is empty?)

And the exception is also attahced.

My system setup is winXp. JCo3.0.1. Java 1.6.0_06 (Is it a requirement that one is using Java EE??)

I tried to find out more from the RFC_ERROR_CANCELLED, but the documentation doesn't really tell me what is wrong. Is there a log I can check that contains more information?

If I change the hostname I get something different. For the rest of the parameters it is the same result/exception.

• the exception ***************

group = 109

key = {java.lang.String@897}"RFC_ERROR_CANCELLED"

messageClass = null

messageType = '\u0000' 0

messageNumber = null

messageParameters = null

detailMessage = {java.lang.String@898}"Handle close pending"

cause = {com.sap.conn.rfc.exceptions.RfcException@899}"

RfcException: System (193.3.7.84/00)

Return code: RFC_CLOSED(6)

error group: 109

key: RFC_ERROR_CANCELLED"

stackTrace = null

• dest object *************************

name = {java.lang.String@759}"SAP_SERVER"

destinationId = {java.lang.String@892}"SAP_SERVER&123|DCN_LGR|45391A7804522154B65622D38ED84F3E"

destinationRepositoryId = {java.lang.String@893}"SAP_SERVER&123|DCN_LGR&R"

isInitialized = false

properties = {java.util.Properties@772} size = 8

attributes = null

repository = null

peakLimit = 2147483647

capacity = 0

maxGetClientTime = 30000

expirationTime = 60000

expirationCheckPeriod = 60000

scopeType = null

parentDestination = {com.sap.conn.jco.rt.RfcDestination@758}"destination SAP_SERVER with properties:{jco.client.tpname=DCN_LGR, jco.client.client=123, propertiesProvider=com.sap.conn.jco.rt.FileDestinationsDataProvider, jco.client.destination=SAP_SERVER, jco.client.sysnr=00, jco.client.user=DCN_LGR, jco.client.ash

scopeList = null

isDeleted = false

monitor = null

repMonitor = null

throughput = null

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There

Indeed JCo exceptions are not worth noticing at this stage.. With wireshark i could understand that the user in the code was a faulty one... we need to use a defined user that is of type connection and not dialog.....

One more problem i was able to identify was that my loopback adaptor had an IP address of a different schema than that of the NIC.. the application was not able to reach the correct adaptor for SAP Server...

All is working for now...

Thanks a ton friend..

keep posting ..

rgds / Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Your problem seems to have solved... I have attempted all that i could so far, but the simplest thing of pinging is still not working.. please share in details if possible how your issue was solved.

Best regards

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure what your problem is?

I used Wireshark (free program) to help figure out the problem as the JCo exception helped very little.

With wireshark I can follow the network traffic and get clues as to what the SAP Server replies. Clues that are not available in JCo.

So install Wireshark, start recording on the correct interface, stop recording, follow tcp stream. And look for clues in the clear text messages.

Br

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

check this

this may be the one of the reason

bvr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following is a sample working code in JCO 3.O

import java.io.File;
import java.io.FileOutputStream;
import java.util.Properties;

import com.sap.conn.jco.JCoDestination;
import com.sap.conn.jco.JCoDestinationManager;
import com.sap.conn.jco.ext.DestinationDataProvider;

public class JCOClientTest {
    static String ABAP_AS_POOLED = "ABAP_AS_WITH_POOL";

static
    {
    	Properties connectProperties = new Properties();
    	connectProperties.setProperty(DestinationDataProvider.JCO_ASHOST, "ECCBANG");
        connectProperties.setProperty(DestinationDataProvider.JCO_SYSNR,  "00");
        connectProperties.setProperty(DestinationDataProvider.JCO_CLIENT, "100");
        connectProperties.setProperty(DestinationDataProvider.JCO_USER,   "AYYAPPAR");
        connectProperties.setProperty(DestinationDataProvider.JCO_PASSWD, "e");
        connectProperties.setProperty(DestinationDataProvider.JCO_LANG,   "en");
        connectProperties.setProperty(DestinationDataProvider.JCO_POOL_CAPACITY, "3");
        connectProperties.setProperty(DestinationDataProvider.JCO_PEAK_LIMIT,    "10");
        createDataFile(ABAP_AS_POOLED, "jcoDestination", connectProperties);
    }

static void createDataFile(String name, String suffix, Properties properties)
    {
        File cfg = new File(name+"."+suffix);
        if(!cfg.exists())
        {
            try
            {
                FileOutputStream fos = new FileOutputStream(cfg, false);
                properties.store(fos, "for tests only !");
                fos.close();
            }
            catch (Exception e)
            {
                throw new RuntimeException("Unable to create the destination file " + cfg.getName(), e);
            }
        }
    }

public static void main(String args[]) throws Exception
    {
    	 JCoDestination destination = JCoDestinationManager.getDestination(ABAP_AS_POOLED);
         System.out.println("Attributes:");
         System.out.println(destination.getAttributes());

System.out.println("Pinging the Destination" + ABAP_AS_POOLED);
         destination.ping();
         System.out.println("Ping successfull...");

}

}

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried the code with my parameters, still with the same result.

When I received my connection parameters, I was given also something they called:

RFC Connection:

Registration ID:

I could not find the equivalent in the the JCO properties. Could this be my connection problem?

There is also one more thing in the exception that could be a clue, namely the systemInfo field, it says system|193.3.7.84/00"

detailMessage = {java.lang.String@874}"Handle close pending"

cause = null

stackTrace = null

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your requirement, is it a client or a server?

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Just to make sure I understand you question correctly, the by client / server you are thining of my Java program receiving incoming RFC's and utilizing RFC's on the sap server, correct?

If yes, the my requirements are both client and server functionality.

Br

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then in addition to the existing one you need to implement JCoServerFunctionHandler and override the method handleRequest(JCoServerContext serverCtx, JCoFunction function)

make sure the program id used is correct.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wouldn't it make sense to focus on getting a connection established as client before exploring the server part? Or is both needed to work from the beginning before the something like ping() can be called. Could there be a permission setup that is needed to invoke ping?

I turned on the trace option in the JC0 which gives a bit more information. I'm a bit conerned about:

the null value: 5 [JCoRFC] Connect before RfcOpen(null)

and the System <empty>.

RfcException: [System <empty>|x.x.x.x/00]

key: RFC_ERROR_CANCELLED

Could anybody tell me if I need to be concerned about those values?

Could the problem be that I need to use load balancing parameters?

Br

6 [JCoAPI] DefaultDestinationManager.getDestinationInstance(SAP_SERVER) calls on provider com.sap.conn.jco.rt.FileDestinationsDataProvider

4 [JCoAPI] DefaultDestinationManager.getDestinationInstance(SAP_SERVER) got from provider com.sap.conn.jco.rt.FileDestinationsDataProvider follow properties {jco.client.client=123,jco.client.passwd=lgradmin,jco.client.sysnr=00,jco.client.user=DCN_LGR,jco.client.trace=1,jco.client.ashost=193.3.7.84}

8 [JCoAPI] DestinationManager.searchDestination(SAP_SERVER) CREATE_NEW

8 [JCoAPI] create destination with:{jco.client.client=123, propertiesProvider=com.sap.conn.jco.rt.FileDestinationsDataProvider, jco.client.destination=SAP_SERVER, jco.client.sysnr=00, jco.client.user=XXX, jco.client.trace=1, jco.client.ashost=XXX}

4 [JCoAPI] Pool.setMaxPoolSize(0) on pool SAP_SERVER&123|DCN_LGR|45391A7804522154B65622D38ED84F3E

4 [JCoAPI] Pool.setExpirationTime(0) on pool SAP_SERVER&123|DCN_LGR|45391A7804522154B65622D38ED84F3E

5 [JCoRFC] Connect before RfcOpen(null)

5 [JCoRFC] initialize client with parameters: {jco.client.client=123, propertiesProvider=com.sap.conn.jco.rt.FileDestinationsDataProvider, jco.client.destination=SAP_SERVER, jco.client.sysnr=00, jco.client.user=XXX, jco.client.trace=1, jco.client.ashost=XXX}

RfcException: [System <empty>|x.x.x.x/00]

key: RFC_ERROR_CANCELLED

invoked at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.MiddlewareJavaRfc.generateJCoException(MiddlewareJavaRfc.java:599)

invoked at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.MiddlewareJavaRfc$JavaRfcClient.connect(MiddlewareJavaRfc.java:1270)

invoked at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.ClientConnection.connect(ClientConnection.java:661)

invoked at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.PoolingFactory.init(PoolingFactory.java:103)

invoked at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.ConnectionManager.createFactory(ConnectionManager.java:171)

invoked at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultConnectionManager.createFactory(DefaultConnectionManager.java:44)

invoked at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.ConnectionManager.getFactory(ConnectionManager.java:160)

invoked at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.RfcDestination.initialize(RfcDestination.java:766)

invoked at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.RfcDestination.ping(RfcDestination.java:976)

invoked at test.sapConnectionTestV3.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:45)

invoked at test.sapConnectionTestV3.Startup.main(Startup.java:84)

invoked at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

invoked at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

invoked at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

invoked at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

invoked at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:90)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One more sample application which is working for you to make ping work for you.

Change the connection parameters to that of your ECC system.

package com.bcone.jco.test;

import java.util.Properties;

import com.sap.conn.jco.JCoDestination;
import com.sap.conn.jco.JCoDestinationManager;
import com.sap.conn.jco.ext.DestinationDataEventListener;
import com.sap.conn.jco.ext.DestinationDataProvider;

public class CustomDestinationDataProvider
{
    static class MyDestinationDataProvider implements DestinationDataProvider
    {
        private DestinationDataEventListener eL;

private Properties ABAP_AS_properties; 

public Properties getDestinationProperties(String destinationName)
        {
            if(destinationName.equals("ABAP_AS") && ABAP_AS_properties!=null)
                return ABAP_AS_properties;

return null;
            //alternatively throw runtime exception
            //throw new RuntimeException("Destination " + destinationName + " is not available");
        }

public void setDestinationDataEventListener(DestinationDataEventListener eventListener)
        {
            this.eL = eventListener;
        }

public boolean supportsEvents()
        {
            return true;
        }

void changePropertiesForABAP_AS(Properties properties)
        {
            if(properties==null)
            {
                eL.deleted("ABAP_AS");
                ABAP_AS_properties = null;
            }
            else 
            {
                if(ABAP_AS_properties!=null  && !ABAP_AS_properties.equals(properties))
                    eL.updated("ABAP_AS");
                ABAP_AS_properties = properties;
            }
        }
    }

public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception
    {
        Properties connectProperties = new Properties();
        connectProperties.setProperty(DestinationDataProvider.JCO_ASHOST, "ECCBANG");
        connectProperties.setProperty(DestinationDataProvider.JCO_SYSNR,  "00");
        connectProperties.setProperty(DestinationDataProvider.JCO_CLIENT, "100");
        connectProperties.setProperty(DestinationDataProvider.JCO_USER,   "AYYAPPAR");
        connectProperties.setProperty(DestinationDataProvider.JCO_PASSWD, "password");
        connectProperties.setProperty(DestinationDataProvider.JCO_LANG,   "en");

MyDestinationDataProvider myProvider = new MyDestinationDataProvider();

com.sap.conn.jco.ext.Environment.registerDestinationDataProvider(myProvider);
        myProvider.changePropertiesForABAP_AS(connectProperties);

JCoDestination ABAP_AS = JCoDestinationManager.getDestination("ABAP_AS");
        ABAP_AS.ping();

System.out.println("ABAP_AS destination is ok");

}

}

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I tried the ping code that is working, and I get the same error. RFC_ERROR_CANCELLED: Handle close pending

Is there any SAP RFC software that is required apart from the JCo SAP Connector V3.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to install the .net sap connector running visual studio 2003. The component fails connecting to the server since my computer and the SAP server is not on the same local domain.

"You have entered an Internet address or an IP address outside the local domain.

Connections to Internet addresses or to external domains are not supported."

Is there a similar restriction for the Java connector? If yes, then it would explaine my connection problem.

Br

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi,

>

> I tried to install the .net sap connector running visual studio 2003. The component fails connecting to the server since my computer and the SAP server is not on the same local domain.

>

> "You have entered an Internet address or an IP address outside the local domain.

> Connections to Internet addresses or to external domains are not supported."

>

> Is there a similar restriction for the Java connector? If yes, then it would explaine my connection problem.

>

> Br

Hi,

JCo too will have the same restrictions as they both use the OS for communication

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem has been found and I can get a connection and getAllAttributes. Now continuing on with actually invoking RFC methods and acting as server...

The solution: Using wireshark (former ethereal) to get the tcp conversation with the server. It ended out in clear text from the SAP server saying wrong user name or passord. Talking to the SAP admin revealed that my given credentials was wrong and changing this made getAllAttributes() work.

Another thing it revealed was that the .net component never got across the local network domain so it appears that there is a difference between the two components. I wonder why SAP does not update the component so it can be used with a newer Visual Studio..

Back to Java. Why I didn't get the 'wrong user or password ' error message in the JCo is hopefully not an indication of the quality of JCo V3..

I tried to use JCo V2 but ended up in some missing dll's which I never got working.

I also tried to download NW RFC but the SAP download manager kept on getting 'error 400'. Guess SAP is just not that keen on given helpful error messages to the user. (Yes I have been able to download other things through the download manager)

Anyway.. Thank you all for your help and might talk to you soon again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alternatively, does anybody know of a simple SAP client that can be used to validate the parameters I have received. Something like connecting, pinging or maybe showing a list of RFC if possible.

That would at least indicate to me if it is the java program or the settings I have received that is the problem.

Thanks

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the suggestion. I have tried to base the connection setup on this article, as well as the StepByStepClient in the examples directory.

Both with the same result.

Thanks