cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practice to transport MDM Workflows trough a 3-tier Landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I wanted to ask you for some Best practices to transport MDM Workflows from D-to Q/P?

Well besides the Archive/Unarchive method because we want to keep the Data of P in the repository

and do not want to import the whole.

Any ideas? Points are for sure!!

Best regards

Carsten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please check the Solution Operations Guide for SAP NetWeaver MDM 7.1 at [SAP Service Marketplace|https://service.sap.com/installmdm] > Operations > MDM 7.1 - Solution Operation Guide.

On page 76/77 there is a section dealing with transports and inclusion in CTS+. With SAP NetWeaver MDM 7.1, the complete data model definition of a repository can be transported from source to target system / repository. This also includes Workflow definition / Import Maps and validations.

Please check whether this helps.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

Currently with the MDM 5.5 version the only transport mechanism that will allow you to export your Workflows from the development server to the Production or Quality is the Archieve/Unarchieve method.

but this methods archives the data as well along with the workflow.There is no such method to exort the workflow alone.

But with the onset of the MDM 7.1 there are new transport mechanism included and hopefully they address this issue.

A work around that i can think of at this moment:

- If you have your development server as your Master rep and the Production server as your slave

- Then you can call the workflow from the D to the P.If you do not have any data presntly in the dev.

- and then Normalize the Productions server to make it an individual master rep with its own data.

I am not sure how well this solution will help but just a suggestion....

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

In MDM. The transport mechanism is done by either of the 2 methods:

1. Transporting the entire repository from one server to another using Archive / UnArchive method which is the most efficient way as it transports both the structure and data.

2. Export / Import Repository schema which deals with structure only i.e. data will not be transported.

How: In Console, at the Server level, on right click you will find the Archieve and Unarchieve options.

Also refer the below links:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20751e78-f81f-2a10-228f-eb3a1642...

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Priti.