cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring backend system for VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to configure backend system connectivity for VC so that I can see it when I click on find data and then that system should come in dropdown for set of systems.

I am new to VC.

Best Regards,

Ritesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

Thanks for providing very useful informations.

Now, If I have to use some DCs which are either free style or composites, do I need to create system for them or I can see them directly as iviews with one data source? My main work is on composites and visual composer and I think that topic is not very much matured at this stage.

If anybody can provide me very detailed infomrations alongwith their experience and work arounds, it will be nice for us.

Best Regards,

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for information. Btw Do we need to give the same alias we specify in SLD. What would be role of specifying SLD connections to backend? Is it still mandatory if you specify system in portal and provide all user credentials?

Regards,

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

VC doesn't need to know what's there in SLD. It only communicates with portal, nothing else. So it is mandatory to create systems in portal, provide an alias name for that system (as VC looks for alias names), map the users.

Thanks in advance,

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Firstof all yo will have to define a system in the portal that will connect to the back-end systems. These systems will be visible in VC if they are define d in the portal. Tell your portal administrator to follow the following steps : -

To define a system:

1. Create a new system; define all its properties

2. Create a default system alias.

3. Create a user mapping (from the user you use in VC) to the system alias, using the user\password to the backend system.

4. TEST the connection in the portal. If the test succeeds, it should be visible in VC discovery panel.

VC retrieves the systems via the portal.

You have to define the systems or use the defined systems in the portal you are connected.

To define systems in the portal:

System Administration => system configuration => system landscape:

in the PCD: right click on a folder and Add new system.

Then you have to define all the mandatory properties: Connector / Was / User management ...

don’t forget to map your portal user with an R3 user