cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a business object in CLM link a document from ECC - DMS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can a business object in CLM link a document from ECC - DMS?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Faaiez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

As part of our SAP CLM implementation we are looking at doing this as follows:

Initial Domain Model - Process

A link/button will be provided on CLM to open the standard

SAP DMS web interface.

A new browser window will open loading the DMS UI, pre-populated with contract reference data from CLM (provided via the URL query string).

A success / failure message is displayed to the user indicating whether the document was successfully created on SAP DMS.

A message is sent to SAP PI (web service/proxy) that is forwarded to CLM (file) containing the SAP DMS reference data for the creation of the custom versioning on CLM.

The user can then link to the SAP DMS document via the url provided (assuming the user is authorised by SAP DMS to view the contract).

Design Assumptions

It is possible to create a dynamic link or button in SAP CLM to popup a new browser instance to display the two user interfaces ie. For uploading scanned document and for displaying the document.

It is possible to pass data from the SAP CLM to a UI which can update SAP DMS.

It is possible to update an extended field or new database table via the standard SAP CLM integration implementation.

It is possible to build the custom version history table to store the SAP DMS version history references.

Considerations and Constraints

The link on CLM to access the UI must not be visible to the user. It will prevent him from saving it as a favourite.

The user must not be able to alter the contract reference data provided by SAP CLM to the UI.

Transnet ECC environment is capable of providing access to the web services for SAP DMS (ECC SP level supported and required WS Bundle is deployed) or via BAPI's.

The speed of displaying documents will be hampered by the existing network infrastructure therefore the decision was made to display these documents from a local server.

Goals and Guidelines

The new UIu2019s should as far as possible take on the current look and feel of the SAP CLM application.

If UIu2019s exist for working with SAP DMS documents make use of existing UIu2019s as much as possible.

Hope this helps you to understand how we will be integrating SAP DMS and SAP CLM.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faaiez Sallie,

Are your answers a solution proposal for the future or currently available functions based on ECC6.0 EhP + eSourcing (CLM)?

Thanks,

Yong Kim

Faaiez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

At the moment they are only a solution proposal for one customer.

I am not involved with the development of the SAP CLM product.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Faaiez,

I work on IBM DOC which is having interface with SAP system with help of Common Store. Once the document is processed from DOC end, it would create a DMS number and store a copy in SAP system.

Failure to DMS generation doent store a copy in SAP system, howevere it does store only in DOC system.

I've noticed there is a delay in DMS generation for specific documents for days and sometimes for weeks and sometimes not generated at all.

I've checked it in logs and couldnt find any trace of why DMS number is not generated. I could find ifnormation until how the document stored in DOC. Is there a way to find or any place I could get it checked?

Your response would be appreicated

Sharmila