Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

logged out after unspecified time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey experts

I have the following problem (MII 12.0)

The refresh status of one grid in the application is 5 min. So, the timeout of 60 min. (current setting) should never be reached! In our system there are about 20 terminals with this application running on. In 50 % of the terminal the above descripted system works well: The grid refreshes itself every 5 min. and the "time of last access" in the systemmangagement-part "active sessions" is set to the current time (resfresh-time).

In the other 50% the refresh-process works for a while, but is then stopped, without any reason I can recognize! So the timeout is reached and the user has to login again!

After that we tried to raise the session-time-out to 6000 min. We found the same behavoir! But curiosly I do not find any entry in the "active session" area with an creation date older than 2 days altough the session-time-out is set to more than 4 days (6000 min.) and the users have no chance to log out off the system (no logout button in the application)!

Do u have any experinces why the refresh process of the some grids stops without any reason!?

Regards

Roland

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem on a project with the version 12.0.6 Build (14). Is it really a bug?

Regards,

Henry

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Has anyone sharing common symptoms in this thread (or just watching the forum) ever captured any available error messages from the java console on a client workstation after it has 'timed out' or stopped updating? Did a Fatal Error ever occur that stopped the automatic refresh from happening?

Oh, and the Session List screen will only show the active users in a particular instance (assuming multiple NW server processes), not a full list.

Edited by: Jeremy Good on Aug 9, 2009 11:27 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Originally I developed the functionality to update the user's screen data using a hidden iGrid, that refreshed every 1 minute.

In this first case, after about 8 hours, the Java (client - JRE build 1.6.0_13-B03) was closed unexpectedly and the following message appeared in the Java Script:

"Target or applet JVM process exited abruptly"

After many researchers I discovered that the "Java Heap Size" was growing a lot and when it reached the "Max Heap Size" the error occurred (it seems that the Java doesnu2019t released the data from its memory).

I did a test changing the hidden iGrid for a AJAX call that is performed every 1 minute (calling a MII transaction).

This call returns some data to the user's screen and automatically update the "Last Access Time" (in the Active Sessions screen) keeping the session opened for the active user.

The problem now is that after about 26 hours, the user session is unexpectedly closed, even before reaching the "Expiration Date". No error message appears on the screen or on NetWeaver log.

I am using version 12.0.6 Build (14).

Thanks and Regards,

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Version 12.0.5 Build(126)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What build of 12.0? I think I remember seeing a bug about this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a very similar problem, I use 12.0.2 b88