cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant or storage location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP experts,

I am in the process of analysing two separate processes which means a process for virtual goods where the goods are not physically in Plant but represent stock levels and the other process is for goods with physical stocks where the goods are physically stored and delivered to the end customer.

The question is should I have in the organisational structure two plants or one plant two strorage locations for virtual and physical stocks.

I look forward in your input and expertise.

Thanking you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is better to keep two separate plants and two storage locations in this case. If you keep one plant and two storgae locations, all material mvts will be acconted in one plant and material being vaulated at plant level, you will have difficulty in differentiating stock level from finance perspecitve later on.

Also if you are doing any interplant mvt, you will have difficulty there.

Hope this helps,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

what about cost price and moving average?

How is the impact there?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not exactly understood your situation. But I will tell what we did in our case. We have some plants in Legacy system and some plants in SAP(alreday gone live in SAP). But we created these legacy plants in SAP as dummy plants.The reason for us to create them as dummy plants in SAP is our clinets do lot of interplant shipments.So we need supplying plant and Receiving plant in SAP. To avoid showing up inventory in balance sheet of the company ( as both belong to same company code) we have scheduled a batch job at the end of everyday which will wipe out inventory in SAP for legacy plants.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mvg avg price will be separatly maintained for each plant right? So you will not face any issue there.

What kind of issue you are anticipating there? I do not think any issue there.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in the same opinion that we have two differnt plants, but was suggested to use two storage locations instead. Which I dont agree as the end customer also receives two different invoices based on virtual and physical processs currently. I guess the cost price also when you sell due to the sales margin.

I just need strong points to convince them...

Thanks a lot