cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking SAP generated documents to DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hie Gurus

I'm having a problem here, i would like to store all system generated notification letters, invoices and quotations in DMS. How can i achieve this or is it possible.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partson

You can attch them the documents in originals tab while creating a dir in cv01n transaction

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hie Presad.

I understand that i can attach documents such as word, pdf and other applications under originals in cv01n. My question is if i am able to attach the SAP generated corespondences such as notification letters.

1. What Application do i select

2. Do i select any data carrier and which one.

3. On the original field, how do i select the particular corespondence to be attached since it will be stored in the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ..

i think u hv to use SAP Archive rather than SAP DMS for this.

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hie

Thanks for the help. So is it possible to link the SAP Archive to DMS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use Archivelink for automated storage and management of incoming documents.

Archivelink is a separate module and is not part DMS. It is possible to link archivelink with DMS.

Regards

Prasad

former_member187506
Contributor
0 Kudos

We do something similar. We take spools of particular documents, invoices, account statements, etc... , convert them to pdf, and load them into DMS.

There are three steps involved - convert the spool to pdf, create the dms doc, attach the pdf to the dms doc.

See RSTXPDFT4 for creating pdf from spools.

See BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2 for creating the DMS doc

See CVAPI_DOC_CHECKIN for checking in originals.

Note you may need to look at BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATENEWVRS2 if you are using version control.

Answers (0)