cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver Mobile 7.1, PI 7.1, CE7.1 in one instance?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Though the products I mentioned above are available separately, once we get the license can we configure all three in one SAP instance (SID)? (as a consolidation consideration with the necessary hardware)

As far as I know, the AS ABAP 7.1 given with PI 7.1 has all the Mobile related programs, roles etc., but, I have not tried to configure these products in one instance.

I feel that once we install PI 7.1, we can configure the AS JAVA and AS ABAP to enable CE and Mobile functionalities respectively.

Please do not post answers with general setup guides. Please post answers only if you know for sure or have tried what I have briefed above.

Regards,

Veera

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

I'm not sure if this is possible, and I know it is not recommended. First, the Java engine in CE 7.1 and PI 7.1 are not identical. That is, they have some overlapping software components, and each also has unique software components.

I do not know enough about the Mobile engine to comment.

In any respect, even if possible, it is recommended have a dedicated PI system.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

For consolidation you could install them on one server or perhaps in MCOD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Matt,

I don't want to have an actual system running all three, but just wanted to know whether somebody has done it / tried it to see the possiblity. Thanks for your reply and suggestion.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

>just wanted to know whether somebody has done it / tried it to see the possiblity.

What is it you were trying to find out?

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Matt,

I was not knowing about MCOD before reading your last post, so initially, when a client wanted to know whether there is a possibility of installing the 3 products in one instance, we wanted to confirm whether it was actually possible / will it run properly if installed somehow.

Regards,

Veera

Answers (0)