cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM configuration to the existing oracle database...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are having an SCM server installed on Oracle database (10.2).

In the same system, we recently installed MDM 7.1 application.

Now the requirement is; we want to configure this MDM application to the existing database with out going to another database instance.

In there any way to this.

Please assist.

Thanks,

Vamsi Krishna.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the same instance but i dont think it is a good practise since MDM intrenally creates many tables for one repository which may conflict with the existing tables. When you pass the instance name to MDM, it will not check whether it's a new instance or already used by some application but as per my point of view you should not use the same instance.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is possible to use the same database. Only you need to create a separate DBMS instance because at the time of connecting MDM with Oracle we need to pass the instance name.

Refer the MDM 7.1 Installation Guide

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/support

Release & Upgrade Info -> Installation & Upgrade Guides -> SAP Netweaver -> SAP Netweaver MDM -> SAP Netweaver MDM 7.1 -> Installation Guide.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Thanks for the reply.

But, here my requirement is not to go for a separate instance. You can assume this, say as virtual.

Of course, it is true that without instance we can not access the db, but still, is there any way? Just asking the experts...

That's it.

Thanks,

Vamsi Krishna.