cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Sender Communication channel stop working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm facing with a strange problem: I have a db to db scenario (SQL server to Oracle) that has been tested and that was working properly.

But when we started again our tests after some days, without doing any change, the flow didn't start anymore. The problem is in the sender jdbc communication channel:

creating it again with a NEW NAME, and changing the configuration the flow starts again. I try to explain the checks that I did:

- from the runtime workbench the adapter looks ok: green and making polling to the db (obviously without select any record even if we were sure that the select condition was satisfied by some records).

- I tried to simulate some changes re-activating the communication channel.

- clear cache

Nothing was working,the only solution was to re-create the cc with a new name (deleting the old one and creating a new one with the same name is not working as well). But we cannot consider this solution in a production system.

I have several scenarios like this and this problem happened three times in some months and every time with the jdbc sender from SQL server (never with the sender from Oracle).

There is someone that has any suggestion?

Thanks in advance,

Luciana Agostini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your channel might have got locked. You may unlock it through visual admin. See SAP Note 1083488.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

I looked at the note you suggested.

They speak about a new advanced mode table parameter 'taskTimeout' parameter, introduced for the JDBC adapter. I have looked in the visual admin trying to set it or change it bat I cannot find the place where I have to do that.

Do you know how this parameter is working?

Thanks in advance,

luciana

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok Luciana, goto Visual Admin -> Cluster -> Locking Adapter -> Display Locks .Check for an entry with NAME : $XIDBAD.JDBC2XI

Reset the locks and restart the CC.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

thank you very much for your help! I solved the problem as you suggested:

I have unlocked the communication channel thought visual admin and before reactivating it, I have added the parameter taskTimeout in the advanced parameter in the communication channel. Now it is working fine!

bye,

luciana

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great to know this Luciana

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luciana,

There is nothing that you could do in PI that could help because most of the places where there could be a problem like cache or with adapter statuses you have already looked into . For the sake of a second opinion see what prateek srivastava has to say.

Basically a n/w connection problem or at the SQL db level.

Rgds

joel