Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC Web Service call problem - passing table of data to web service

former_member194198
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created a web service which accepts an array of MessageType (MessageType[]) objects. The MessageType class is a simple Java class with 2 attributes, MessageType ( String ) and Message Description ( String ).

When I test the service throiugh the WS Navigator it works fine and updates the relevant tables in the underlying DB. When I import the service into VC, it appears correct. When I test it through the test service option in VC, it also works - I see my Message Type object with 2 attributes and I can fill both of them in and it creates the records in the underlying DB.

I then join the "submit" button action on the table view to the input of the web service. The two input fields are mapped in the link. When I run the application, enter some data into the table and click save, the action is triggered but the DB is not updated. Instead I get "Could not execute web service, contact administrator".

Any idea how I can pass the contents of a table view into a web service input parameter?

Cheers

Richard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Ask your Administrator for checking the authorization for vc user.

Also try the below link for consuming web services in visual composer.

/people/community.user/blog/2007/04/05/consuming-webservice-in-visual-composer-2

Regards

Basheer