cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI7.0 interfaces migration to PI7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a sitution where I have to start interface development on PI7.0 . After some time I am going to get PI 7.1 system. That time I need to migrate PI7.0 development to PI7.1.

Please can you tell me the steps involved in this migration to do this activity.There are around 15 interfaces on PI7.0.Appreciate quick response on this.

thanks in advance,

Sharada

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharada,

If you are planning to migrate from curretn PI 7.0 system to new PI 7.1 system, you should do your developments keeping in mind the following guide;

[Migrate from PI 7.0 to 7.1|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/90baf3dd-dbf9-2b10-47aa-ac5f56bb5030]

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Gautam Purohit

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharada,

There should not be any issues in migrating from PI 7.0 to PI 7.1

You can do an inplace uprade to 7.1, then you need not do anything with the scenario. Or you build a new PI 7.1 box and copy the IR content to ESR. (export/import).

Regds

joel

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is nothing to do.

The PI 7.0 message interface become PI 7.1 service interfaces automatically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for quick reply.

Here I am looking for development migration steps from PI7.0 to PI7.1.

Take a sample scenario is developed on PI7.0 . Scenario is SAP is transfering Idoc and PI converts this idoc to xml , which transfered to third party using soap adapter. Please can you tell me the steps to migrate this scenario of PI7.0 to PI7.1.

thanks,

Sharada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As stefan mentioned,

you dont have to do "anything".

Just finish your interfaces, activate them in PI 7.0.

The Basis team which does the upgrade, will migrate your content to PI 7.1

when you open PI 7.1, you can see all your work & the interfaces work as earlier. only thing is the UI of IR & ID will look different

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Vishnu.

This will be true when my same PI7.0 server is getting migrated to PI7.1.

What will happen when I get new PI7.1 server. what are the steps in that case.can I import IR and ID content of PI7.0 as it is to PI7.1

Please clarify.

thanks,

Sharada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

whether it is the same system or a different system the process is the same.

it is a matter of putting the content to it.

this is done by the basis team, but if they ask you specifically you can also export the .tpz files.

but normally, they do the job as they have lots of things to move & the development content is a part of it.

you just have to ensure that all your objects are activated w.r.t PI 7.0

Regards

Vishnu

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharada,

There is absolutly no problem in migrating from Pi7.0 to 7.1.

The problem will come if you have RFC that starts with "/" . It does not support Exception messages.

this problem is in SPS4.

Also if you have BPM then just take care that your fault messages (if any) are properly assigned .

Also there is functionality problem in ifWithoutElse function in the mapping if you have used in the mapping just varify it is functioning properly.

Other than these there are no other Problem.

thanks

Sunil Singh