cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple records from flat-file - XI-R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My scenario is to read thosands of records(each one is to generate one IDOC) and process thru XI and post IDOC on R/3.

to simplify, i took one record in flat-file and posted IDOC in R/3. Now i added multiple records and it is fialing.

I am sure you all might dealt with this, how do i make it my current/existing scenario working with adding multiple records to the existing file.?

Spent many hours, to do without BPM, could not make it work - appreciate all ur help.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

what exactly have you done? Did you have a look at Michal's Weblog about this?/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

He gives all the details needed to make the scenario work. If you followed this and it is still not working, you need to give some more details on the steps you executed and what exactly is failing.

Regards

Christine

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use this blog https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/pub/wlg/2737. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

It might aptly help u.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check with this SAP Note : 814393

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

thanks for your input, I want two things during process and having problems dealt with.

1. I understand the receiving part, on how to post multiple IDOCs, but problem in reading one record by record from the source ?

2. When I process this scenario, in SXMB_MONI, i would like to see one entry for each record, the reason behind, as if the file is got 10,000 records, i do not want one payload with 10,000 records. if it fails duringa any record process, how do i know which one failed?

3. I saw two weblogs and SAP NOTE, Michal weblog and SAP note says how to post multiple IDOCS from a message read (is it expecting to read 10,000 records(ex) to read as one shot from file )?

in other weblog, he explaied to use XSLT, which is complicated for me to dealt with currently.

I see there is occurances of Interfaces, and messages in Integration builder, with changing that would it read these individual records as each one as message?

Sorry to ask you all these, but struggling to proceed and do want to do right way as most of our scenarios fall in this category.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

i think, there is an option in the file adapter which would be able to do what you like:

<i>œ Recordsets per Message

Specify the number of recordsets to be grouped together in a message. This specification is optional. The default value is *. In the default setting, all recordsets are included in a message.

If the number of recordsets in a document is greater than the number specified, then the adapter creates multiple messages from a document. The last message might then contain fewer recordsets than specified.

If you specify Exactly Once as the quality of service (see below), each of these messages (that is to say, each part of a document from which a message is created) is sent to the Integration Server/PCK exactly once. This is also true if the application is interrupted while creating the messages and restarted again later.</i>

From <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/content.htm">File Content Conversion</a> Docu.

Assuming that you use file content conversion to convert your flat file to XML you could sent that parameter to 1 and have one message per Record.

Regards

Christine

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

<i><<<<to simplify, i took one record in flat-file and posted IDOC in R/3. Now i added multiple records and it is fialing.</i>

Where exactly is it failing ? In Mapping ?

You need to write a logic in your mapping such a way that for each record of your input message should generate one entire Idoc Structure.

For this you can import Idoc xsd and change the occurence of Idoc (i.e 1) into 0..unbounded and import into Repository as an External Definition. And use this as a message type for the Mapping.

After this you can do this Using dummy BPM .i.e Send and Receiver Step or you can do without BPM also.

Just go thru following link for the understanding purpose-

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/12/22/file-to-multiple-idocs-xslt-mapping

There is some SAP note on this.If I get I will reply you.

Regards,

Moorthy