Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number range for material

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Wheres the number ranges for materials are maintained?.......immediately when I feed plant ,sales org & dist channel details systems comes with a number.....where that number r

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Number ranges for material are defined and assigned to material type in Tcoed MMNR

Regards,

Abhee.

Edited by: Abhee J on Feb 12, 2009 2:25 PM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Number ranges for material is assigned to material type.

Goto Tcode MMNR click on Groups at Menu - > Maintain than check out group to which your material type belongs.

check that group and click on intervals - > Display intervals where we can see the number range (Internal / External) assigned to your group and valid for your material type.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanakumar

The MMR number range is done in t. code MMNR

Just click on the button groups to maintain the Material type grouping

Below are those material type that have no number range groups.

To assign a group, in the not assigned group, select the Material Type you want to group.

Then tick the Group you want to assign and click the menu path Edit -> Assign Element Group.

From the same screen, if you want a new number range intervals, click Group -> Insert Group.

If you want to use external number range, go to OMS2 and tick the field External no. assignment

Two ways of assigning number range :

Internal number assignment :

In this case, a number within the number range interval allowed is assigned by the SAP R/3 System.

External number assignment :

user assigns a number within the number range interval allowed. You can define the intervals for external number assignment numerically and alphanumerically.

If you assign just one material type to a group, you can define both an internal and an external number range interval for the material type.

If you group together more than one material type, you can define an internal and an external number range interval here too. This allows several material types to have the same number range intervals.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

I belive you are aasking for internal material no range

This setting is with maaterial type where you can set a material as internal no and also can difine and assign a no range .

Second is serial No

If you wants to track the material with serial no in that case the material is to be create as a serial no profile material which is in sales data 2 in material master record as 0004

Once the material is created then again you need to create no range in IQ01 and can track the material as Serial no in stock , at sale and returns also

Rg Ajit

please give revards point if helpfull

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Kumar wrote

immediately when I feed plant ,sales org & dist channel

Can you please let me know in which TCode when you enter the above data, number range is flowing ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

After entering allthe said informations when press enter system takes me to the desired view eg:sales org 1 with material no as 887 on the top left side of the view.....I wud like to know how that particular no is fetched by the system?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Kumar wrote

material no as 887 on the top left side of the view

it is your material code which you have to key-in while creating the material master in MM01. With this code only you have to maintain pricing in VK11 and other datas which will flow into your sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> After entering allthe said informations when press enter system takes me to the desired view eg:sales org 1 with material no as 887 on the top left side of the view.....I wud like to know how that particular no is fetched by the system?

Hi,

Its because its the current number (Each material is proposed a number sequentially and number till 886 are used .so u got 887)for your internal number range. We can see current number just beside the intervals.