SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the USPs of SAP SLcM, which others can not offer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am wondering that as we need to use lot of third party tools integration , what are the positive points which only SAP can give at 80-100 times cost of the normal College management software in India?All these hostel, transporation etc, which I saw in other thread are also available in regular software.

Those who have already done some implementation, could I request them to list out some points as I have to provide consulting to my few clients(Colleges)

Thanks in advance.

Raj

6 REPLIES 6

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

For sales purpose you can bank upon SAP name itself. It has following advantages over others:

1. Single application to support entire University business cycle.

2. Scalable for large and small institutions without loss of performance.

3. Integrates to SAP and non-SAP technology.

4. Truly global solution.

5. SAP is a financially stable company with a solid, 30-year track-record of providing enterprise applications for Colleges and Universities

6. A u201Cfuture-proofu201D application based on configurable processes and open standards that deliver flexibility

Example Processes

Recruitment

Orientation

Admissions

Advising

Registration

Billing

Grading

Teacher Evaluations

Progression

Graduation

Alumni Relations

Others

Hope it will clear your doubts.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

0 Kudos

Thanks Vinod for your input. However, do a college need to invest 100 times for (2 Crores in comparison to 2 Lacs) just for one or two differentiating factors?

Now if you analyse each point, you will agree that most of these are not relevant in Indian Scenario.I wanted from point of view of those who implemented and could see it helping a college in big way! Is SAP really serious about this product in India?

Still, thanks again.

0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Consider the following scenario:

ISB implemented it when it was starving to carve a name for itself among different B Schools. Just see, due to its Global approach, It has been adjudged as worlds top 15 B Schools.

Hope it does make sense.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

Yes, you are right, some of these points are not even eligible to qualify for Indian scenario however i still feel its a good product.

SAP is doing its own share of hard work to market it and popularize it among HE&R segment.

SAP SLCM control and streamlines the "admission process" in private sector. It provides a visibility pertaining to finance and its linkage to admissions. Hope you got the point.

Another point is about building brand image. When you have a chair among the best ones to sit your status goes up and you can draw more students towards you (even for a premium). Last year some engineering colleges didn't even get the full capacities to run classes and so in BDS colleges.

The business in a university/institute is directly proportional to the IT infrastructure in India. Soon you will see foreign Universities opening there shops in India and will give a run tor Indian Universities and Institutes for their bread.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

Yes, you are right, some of these points are not even eligible to qualify for Indian scenario however i still feel its a good product.

SAP is doing its own share of hard work to market it and popularize it among HE&R segment.

SAP SLCM control and streamlines the "admission process" in private sector. It provides a visibility pertaining to finance and its linkage to admissions. Hope you got the point.

Another point is about building brand image. When you have a chair among the best ones to sit your status goes up and you can draw more students towards you (even for a premium). Last year some engineering colleges didn't even get the full capacities to run classes and so in BDS colleges.

The business in a university/institute is directly proportional to the IT infrastructure in India. Soon you will see foreign Universities opening there shops in India and will give a run tor Indian Universities and Institutes for their bread.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

Sorry for repeatition.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

Edited by: Vinod Kumar on Dec 9, 2009 11:02 AM