cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange RFC re-import :(

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Previuosly we had a Scenario with RFC " zif_test" with import para of "imp1" "imp2" "imp3"

Now due to business requirment we need to add extra import para "imp4".My ABAP dev added this import in the middle as below

*"imp1" "imp4". "imp2" "imp3"*

I have re imported in the XI ID and mapped and tested with test tab every thing was fine.

But when we had put the external break point and see the un-mapped field was getting updated with junk data with the value of preceding data like "##89.." like that.

Is that if we need to add the extra import it should be in the last , any commnets guys:)

Thx

rgs

srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the data element used for imp4 is correct. It could be because of wrong data type.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thx for all reply , we were using same RFC for two scenarios : JDBC TO RFC.We needed the extra import paramters for the Scenario1 and Scenario2 we did not map it.

Using test tab everything was fine with mapping test.But once external break point was set and saw the internal table updation it showed junk.Data type is same.

Now when we have put the import parameter down issue got solved.I understand by all your replies but still am wondering this strange process.

Any more comments,who came across.

Rgds

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can the field anywhere, it has nothing to do as long as you have imported the latest RFC.

Where are you getting this error exactly is the complete scenarios working correctly or not?

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The new fields can be anywhere in the structure.

the problem could be because of cache issues..

you can try the below

1) Delete, activate & re-import the RFC again in IR, if no progress

2) Clear RFC adapter cache, by saving/ reactivating the channel in ID, if no progress

3) restart the RFC adapter service in Visual Admin (this may restart all RFC adapters)

You can do a partial/ complete cache refresh.

Hope the above steps fix your problem

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you put external break point for debugging RFC,I dont thing you can do it like so

Because i tried the same and not allowed me to do so.

Check in Moni how the data get apssed to RFC FM

IF possible store the values into Table in RFC for seeing how data /values passed from XI

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have two break points in which external break point allows you to be caught when external system calls it, it works for sure.

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

How Can we set the external breakpoint Can you throw some light on this

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx for all,

Hi goto the application System and set external break pt.

srin

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ideally, there is no such limitations on adding the field. What is your end to end scenario and at what point you are getting this garbled data?

Regards,

Prateek