cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM usage decision error

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi QM gurus,

in tcode QA11 i cannot do the usage decision, it says you have not completed all characteristic.

what shall i do to correct this. can anyone pls give me specific instructions on what to do..

thank you so much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

Do the result recording first in QE51N for your inspection lot and then proceed with usage decision

it is an information you can also force complete and make the usage decision

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

sir,

i already did that, but it still wont work. even force completion isnt working. the error says "Selected set code does not exist, or data entered is incomplete

i checked my ud codes and they are ok..

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eva,

In UD screen(near UD code), there are two empty box. Pls select relevant UD code group in the second box and relevant UD code in the first box respectively. Pls check your code group for the plant given and this may vary plant to plant.

To see relevant selected sets go to

SPRO----SAP ref IMGQM--Quality inspection-Inspection lot completion--Maintain Catalogs for Usage Decisions-----Edit selected sets.

Double click Edit selected sets.

Input Catalog as Usage decisions.

Enter Plant.

Press Enter till you receive Change view Slected sets-Overview.

Here see the status as 'Released' for the selected sets.

Use only selected sets which are released to be used during UD.

If there is no released selected sets. Pls change the status to Released for the relevant selected

set and Save the changes.

VRMP

Former Member
0 Kudos

the usage decision error was solved by having a separate usage decision codes for each inspection type. you cannot use 1 usage decision code on all the inspection type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I think your results recording needs to be checked.

Pls follow the steps

1. Select the lot using trans code QA32/QE51N

2. Click 'Results' tab from header

3. Enter the qty in 'Inspected column' as it is in 'Inspect' column

4. In 'Results' column, enter 0(zero) if it is non-measurable & enter measured value if it is measurable.

5. Follow the same for all characteristics

6. Select line using 'Select all' tab

7. Click 'Close'(lock symbol) from header tab

8. Check 'Accept' & 'Save' now.

Now your results recording is completed.

9. Stock posting can be done through QA32/QE51N also by selecting Usage decision' tab & select 'Stock posting' tab. Enter qty as required. OR Go to 'QA11' & enter lot number and select 'Stock posting' tab & enter qty as required.

10. Select 'Characteristics' tab, enter/select UD code group(right) & select UD code(left).

11. 'Save'.

Now your Usage decision is completed.

If any doubt post again.

VRMP.

Edited by: VRMP on Feb 12, 2009 2:00 PM

Edited by: VRMP on Feb 12, 2009 2:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi VRMP & shyamal,

the same error "Selected set code does not exist, or data entered is incomplete"

Edited by: eva fonda on Feb 12, 2009 11:31 AM

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

kindly refer OSS notes 181961 and 98002

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eva,

You have not selected proper UD group & code as i mentioned earlier.

In UD screen(near UD code), there are two empty box. You have to select relevant UD code group in the second box and relevant UD code in the first box respectively. Pls check your code group for the plant given. This may vary plant to plant.

Otherwise you will get the same error.

VRMP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

Is that an error message or warning message??

It must be the warning message there, so you can simply ignore it by pressing ENTER. To make force UD.

But as per the best practices suggest you should perform Result Recording before UD. And to perform RR do it as Thiyagrajan has suggested via trx QE51N and then do UD with trx QA11.

And you found any error in QE51N also then check the status of the inspection lot, it must be REL to process QE51N.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Shyamal,

"Selected set code does not exist, or data entered is incomplete" is an error. is there a possible config error with my ud codes?

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

kindly post your message number ,also search in PLM itself with error number you can find some similar issues

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Message no. QV121

i tried it again but now i did the results recording first then the ud.. it still wont work. it keeps on telling me that i have not completed all the characteristics.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

As the error message QC121, you will be not able to see any entry while pressing "F4" to the UD code in QA11, correct. Soooooo.......

You need to created the Codes under code group and then Selected Sets.

Then assign the same to the relevant inspection type then it will work for you.

Follow the steps.

- Run trx Qs51

- Enter '3' in catalog, 3 stands for Usage Decision.

- enter plant, the same plant where the inspection lot is created.

- Put the appropriate numeric / alphanumeric / character for the Identification of the Selected Set.

- Press Enter.

- Enter Short Text

- Set the Status as "Released" for it.

- Press Enter and make sure there is no any error.

- Noe select the line item and double click on the "Selected Set Codes" folder.

- Here Attache the appropriate Code group.Valuate the codes. And Save

Or

Just straightway pick any already created selected set.And assign it to the inspection type per below mentioned steps,.

- reach the customizing path SPRO->Quality Management->Quality Inspection->Inspection Lot Creation->Maintain Inspection Types. Execute.

- Now for the for select your relevant inspection type and assign the selected set to the "UD Selected Set"

- Save.

Now go back to QA11 and press "F4" to the UD code and try to perform UD.

Revert, if it doesn't work.

Shyamal