cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have a TAD and a TAN items in a sales order .Obvioulsy, one is a order-related billing and the other is delivery-related billing, so we will have different billing documents. Can we have both the items have same billing documnet, i mean both the items should be part of the same billing document.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Q: SAP allows a non-inventory item and an inventory item to be in the same document till delivery but splits at the time of creation of billing document. Can we combine a non-inventory item with an inventory item in one invoice? Can we treat it as a value item in sales order so that it is priced and then make it as a text item in delivery documents so that it appears in the same invoice and does not split?

A1: Make the non-stock material deliverable, but not pickable. Both items will carry into the delivery, and therefore appear on the same invoice.

A2: Change the copy rule for orders->invoices and deliveries->invoices to specify that invoice combination is permitted. However note that for system to create combined invoices, PO number, payment terms, sales organization, and distribution channel must be identical. Else undesirable combinations may be created by the system.

http://www.sap-img.com/sap-sd/sd-faq.htm

Your qn is answered here._But to achieve this also billing relevance should be same that is TAD should be made as delivery related billing A_

Item categories with different billing relevance i dont think can be combined in a single invoice

Billing relevance plays a major role in splitting

Regards

Raja

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

done....

claudia_neudeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Customer,

Generally any difference in the Partner table(vbpa) will cause a split.

- if there is a difference in vbpa, a split will occur.

If you wish to bill all deliveries/orders in one invoice you have the

option of using customer-specific data transport routines in the copying

control. Please see note 11162 and 31206 on how the invoices are split.

Please find attached a few notes where it is explained how the billing

split is caused. You have to make sure that the header and partner

fields are the same, so that the invoices can be combined.

> 11162 Invoice split criteria in billing document

> 308733 Billing split due to the person number

> 177664 Billing split due to VBPA-ADRNR or VBPA-ADRDA

> 40299 Inv.split due to partner for customer hierarchy

> 31206 Collective billing - Order/Delivery-related

I hope that the information are helpful.

regards

Claudia

Edited by: Claudia Neudeck on Feb 13, 2009 9:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you can combine as long as the required criterias are same for both (Payer,Payment term, destination country, Billing date , Incoterm etc).

For example, suppose your customer has purchased a Heavy machine from you which is Delivery related and suppose customer has also asked you for installing the machine in his premises for which you charge extra and it is Order related.

Another example, selling a Carpet (delivery related) and laying the carpet (order realted) for the customer.

You can combine both as long as the above criterias are same.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha

If you want to have same billing document then you have to do lot of customization.

As TAN is a standard item category and TAD is the item category which is used for service materials. So you need to maintain copy control for TAD also

Secondly you need to do customizing for item category TAD as it is a order related billing.

But it is not advisable to go with this customization

Regards

Srinath